PDA

View Full Version : Stomach bug or bad cough

Aerynne
05-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Trying to figure out what dd2 has. She's 2. She's had a cough for awhile now, maybe a week or so. She's mostly been feeling fine, maybe a little mellower than usual, but junky cough and runny nose.

So today at about 3 pm she was coughing, sounded like lots of thick, junky phlegm in there, but she started gagging and I took her to the bathroom and she threw up. She threw up once and then again like 20 seconds later. The first time it seemed like it was coughing and gagging. The second time I wasn't so sure- might have just been an extension of the first throwing up.

Then she did the same thing an hour later, right down to the puking two separate times less than a minute apart. So dh gave her a quarter of a zofran (I know, I know, but that's what he does) and she was fine after that, ate her dinner, but was tired a little earlier than usual and nursed to sleep half an hour ago.

As for me, my m/s has been worse than usual today. Much worse. I'd been eating normally most of the day, had a frosty for lunch :shifty took a nap and woke up feeling pretty sick. And then dd threw up. So I took a zofran. And since then I've gotten hungry a few times and been able to eat applesauce and a banana. Nothing is really appealing to me, but I get hungry and have to eat. I haven't had any nausea, though, on the zofran, but definitely feeling weak and tired and having intestinal pain along with gas. Neither of us has diarrhea.

So do we both have a stomach bug or does dd just have a bad cough and I have m/s?

mamamonkey
05-24-2012, 05:18 AM
It could be a combo of both. There are some viruses that cause upper respiratory symptoms and tummy troubles.

Aerynne
05-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Hmmmm. We've never had one like that before. Interesting.

Well so far our zofran's been worn off for 8 hours (but we were asleep for it). Dd is still asleep but hasn't thrown up or seemed uncomfortable. She nursed several times throughout the night. I am feeling pretty good this morning. We'll see how the day plays out.