PDA

View Full Version : Dandruff

LovinBeingMommy
05-18-2012, 07:53 PM
I have dandruff. Always have. Usually, when it gets bad, I can use medicated shampoo for a couple weeks and it clears up. This time, it's not getting any better. In fact, it's getting worse. My scalp itches so bad it's bleeding in several places because I just can't leave it alone. What can I do to help besides the medicated shampoo? Is there something that's better? Or to be used with? Anything. I'm losing my mind!

Singingmom
05-18-2012, 09:17 PM
When my ds got his last haircut, the stylist recommended tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner. The bottles at the salon were $20, but Trader Joe's is under $4. I wonder if that would help? Or maybe something meant for cradle cap for babies...

LovinBeingMommy
05-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Can I order from Trader Joe's online? I don't think we have one here. At least not that I've found. :( I'm desperate enough at this point to shell out whatever amount.

Singingmom
05-19-2012, 06:02 PM
It doesn't look like you can order online, but here's one (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Organix-Tea-Tree-Mint-Shampoo-13-fl-oz/10448913) at Walmart and one of the reviewers said it worked wonders on her dandruff! :)

LovinBeingMommy
05-19-2012, 06:04 PM
That should work! I'll pick some up the next time I'm at WalMart.

LovinBeingMommy
05-20-2012, 01:53 PM
My parents took Monkey to the city to visit someone in a nursing home. I figured Monkey would make the residents' day, being so little. On the way back, they stopped at WalMart to get the shampoo. My mom couldn't find it, but Monkey did. :giggle He can't even identify colors, much less read it! He had to call and tell me "Mama, found it! Love you!" :melting

Singingmom
05-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Aw! That's great :hearts