PDA

View Full Version : Billboard in my town

Calee
05-16-2012, 12:45 PM
There are several billboards in my town that say this:

NO VACCINES?? NO KISSES!

with a picture of a baby with a scrunched up face.

Really small underneath it says:
"Get the adult whooping cough vaccine"

But to me the picture and the BIG BOLD SLOGAN make it seem like a statement about vaccines in general. Anyone else seen these billboards? What did it make you think of?

Little Forest
05-17-2012, 05:07 AM
Sounds cute as far as a public service announcement.
Posted via Mobile Device

trustingGod2
05-17-2012, 05:41 AM
I have them all around town and I hate them It reminds me that government is still pushing their agenda's on everyone.

Let's put up a billboard

Want a child who talks/ Don't Vaccinate

VENT OVER

Thankfulforgrace
05-17-2012, 07:49 AM
:hunh Um, yeah, kisses are not the only way to get whooping cough... Just seems really misleading to me.

Haven't seen them but then my typical day doesn't involve driving past billboards where I am :wink

eoconnel
05-17-2012, 09:49 AM
I really like them. They remind people to get their children vaccinated. I know that is not a popular view on this board, but I am fully in support of vaccines.

Marzipan
05-17-2012, 09:57 AM
There used to be one in town here that said "Montana has the lowest vaccine rate in the country" (or something) and then there's a picture of a sobbing baby, and below it said "No wonder babies cry!" I hate that billboard.

PacisEtAmor
05-17-2012, 09:58 AM
We have that one too. We have another but i don't remember what it said. One was on one side of the road and the other on the other side (same spot though.)

SamRose
05-17-2012, 10:01 AM
We dont have those here, but we've had other ones, either scare tactic ones, or manipulation ones, that are along the lines of "if you love them, vaccinate". :rolleyes I do not know a single parent who doesnt vax that makes that choice out of ignorance that vaccines are recommended, let alone because they dont love their child. Nobody really needs reminding, as it's brought up at any ped visit, WIC/govt aid appt, or hospital/er/urgent care ppl go to. (I highly doubt anybody in a city where these billboard campaigns happen wouldnt do at least one of those)

mama-hobbit
05-17-2012, 11:14 AM
I pass one every day that says "Vaccine preventable diseases are just a plane ride away." I guess 'cause I live like 5 miles from the airport. ;)

PacisEtAmor
05-17-2012, 01:20 PM
I pass one every day that says "Vaccine preventable diseases are just a plane ride away." I guess 'cause I live like 5 miles from the airport. ;)

*That's* the other one!