PDA

View Full Version : need help with a Kindle Fire for my oldest

KarenBoo
04-25-2012, 06:38 PM
So my parents have purchased a Kindle Fire for my oldest for her 9th bday coming up. They have already shipped it to me so I can set it up with her books on there. They counselled me to set it up on my account so that we can share books back and forth.

The problem is - I don't want her to have access to my books on her device! (oh, not to mention that I will be so jealous of her Fire because I just have the regular old Kindle! :shifty) but I digress....

I have figured out how to remove books from the carousel one-at-a-time, but won't they just pop back into the carousel every time I buy a new book? I would have to go delete books from her carousel every time I buy a book, right? I "buy" about 5 books/day average (they are all free.) I have over 1500 books (and my own Kindle is full) - I'm addicted to getting those free books!

My question is that I am really thinking it would be better for her to have her own account with her own books and not have us sharing back and forth. So first, is that a good idea? (The only draw back I can see is that I have about 50-100 childrens' books that I got for free that are associated with my account. But it seems that there are so many free books every day that it shouldn't be hard to gather up another collection of free children's books on her Kindle.)

Second, if she does have her own account for her Kindle, would she need her own Amazon account?

And third, is it possible to even disentangle her Kindle from my account because it's already been registered under my name.

Thanks for any thoughts on this!

Psyche
04-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Given that you can buy books without a password and apps as well, I'd insist she have her acct that isn't linked to a cc.