PDA

View Full Version : Why paleo or primal over traditional foods?

Allison
04-18-2012, 10:32 AM
I see a lot of posts about paleo, primal and GAPS here. GAPS I understand and know it is done for health reasons. I plan to do it myself before the year ends.

If you eat paleo or primal, why did you chose one of those over traditional foods?

Mother of Sons
04-18-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm doin it for health reasons. Grains make me gain weight. Very fast. I'm tired of it. Traditional foods include many grains so it's not an option for me.

3boysforme
04-18-2012, 10:42 AM
I don't know much about TF. But I am discovering that grains are making me sick. So I am eliminating them and eating Primalish by default.

Allison
04-18-2012, 11:46 AM
That's what's going on with my hubby. We've been moving slowly toward a complete traditional foods diet, but yesterday he said is giving up grains completely.

I've been properly preparing grains by either soaking or fermenting, but he still feels compelled to give them up altogether. I do, as well, but am dealing with a raging sugar addiction and enjoy my sourdough bread with butter at the end of the day.

I do find the more fat and protein I consume during the day, the less I want carbs or sugar. I love that.

hey mommy
04-18-2012, 11:59 AM
:popcorn

What if fermented foods make you :sick

Allison
04-18-2012, 12:11 PM
:popcorn

What if fermented foods make you :sick

They did me, at first. Now I'm making my own kombucha and taking tiny sips of whey. Baby steps.