PDA

View Full Version : Need help quick!

KarenBoo
04-10-2012, 02:35 PM
I am going to make a quilt square to be sewn into a quilt for a person who was recently diagnosed with an awful problem and she must stay in bed for the next several months. She came close to dying, and it is very, very serious. Her problem is lifelong, and she may need a heart/lung transplant. This struck her quite suddenly, and she has 3 young children at home.

Anyway, I am really, truly not crafty. I wanna be for sure. But I'm not. I'm not artistic. I can't draw stick figures.

So I thought I could put on a bible verse, or something inspirational. Or something personal, but more words than pictures.

Another friend suggested I look up some patterns to trace onto the square as well.

But I'm very short on time. I wonder if anyone has already done this sort of "looking up" and can point me in the right direction, in either suggestions for what to write on the square and/or some designs for me to trace.

Thanks so much for any ideas!! I really want this to be nice for my friend. I think we are supposed to put our names on it too.

Oh, and I need to go to the craft store tonight to buy supplies and make it in the morning and FedEx it to the lady who will be doing the sewing, so I've got very little time here.

Wonder Woman
04-12-2012, 05:21 AM
I just saw this - were you able to find something? :pray4 for your friend :hugheart

KarenBoo
04-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Thanks for checking. I did end up doing something simple. I typed out some empowering words and chose a font and size and printed that. I cut up the words and placed them under the cloth. The cloth is cream and is a little see-through, so I could make out the words.

I then traced the words with fabric paint (in the colors suggested), and I put our "signatures" on the fabric in the same way. (Had DH and Kitten write their names and I traced them on, and I just wrote out Monkey's name.)

Then I added a few decorative squiggles and flowers in glow-in-the dark paint - symbolizing that we are still "with" her in spirit and praying, even when she's going to sleep.

I was pleased with the result, but it still looks pretty amateurish. But maybe that'll give my friend a giggle when she sees it!

Wonder Woman
04-12-2012, 09:26 PM
I bet your friend will love it - handmade things are the best when you're feeling down! :heart