PDA

View Full Version : Photography anyone?

JJsMom
03-29-2012, 07:13 AM
My wonderful dh bought me a super super nice camera for my birthday. The most expensive camera I had before was $35. So now I want to take really good pics. How do I learn. My camera came with a beginner DVD that I want to watch but then what? I'm so excited! It's so fancy!

Daria_Aleksandrovna
03-29-2012, 07:15 AM
Enjoy! Take your time!!!

(have you got nice online account like flickr or picasa?)

Mother of Sons
03-29-2012, 07:15 AM
Happy birthday!!! How fun!

JJsMom
03-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Enjoy! Take your time!!!

(have you got nice online account like flickr or picasa?)

I don't. Which one do you suggest?

Thanks Mos. I showed my mom again the pics you took of A. :heart I was thinking you could give me a lesson next time you're here, when is that going to be? :mrgreen

MrsHutch
03-29-2012, 08:33 AM
You can learn a lot by following and browsing around photography blogs, forums, and websites. Some of my favorites are the MCP Actions blog, I Heart Faces, and Digital Photography School.

I usually tell people to get out of Auto mode ASAP. Switch it to AV mode and learn how to take great pictures there, first. Once you feel like you've mastered that, switch to M and you'll have even more control over how your pictures turn out. And the best thing you can do is just to have it with you all the time and practice, practice, practice. Play with settings that you don't understand until you've figured them out. Google any questions you have.