PDA

View Full Version : I have a brOken amalgam filling

Chaos Coordinator
03-23-2012, 07:23 PM
:help

I've discussed it with the dentist but they were closing as I left so I cannot call to get it replaced until Tuesday. (had to wait to schedule it so I could look at my calendar)

What do I do in the meanwhile?

They are replacing it with composite btw.

Rabbit
03-23-2012, 07:27 PM
There are temp fillings available at most pharmacies, including in grocery stores.

Chaos Coordinator
03-23-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm more concerned about the mercury. The tooth pain is...easy to ignore. My brain has been awfully foggy lately. I feel like I can't pull my thoughts together. When she said I had a brOken amalgam filling I went :idea except in a foggier sort of way.

Rabbit
03-23-2012, 07:37 PM
You have slightly more surface area of the filling material exposed than you did before. That's all. It's the same material inside and out, and just as stable on the inside as it is on the outside.

Chaos Coordinator
03-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Then why is my brain all turtley and frustrating :sigh

I thought they were worse when they were removed or something

Gah, where did I read this info at :think

Rabbit
03-23-2012, 07:47 PM
The process of removing them is more involved, and I think even involves drilling them out.

WildFlower
03-23-2012, 08:19 PM
I thought I read something about using bentonite clay to absorb the toxins..? not sure. Not sure if you'd want to swallow the clay though, maybe just rinse your mouth with some clay or something to kinda cleanse the area? I have no idea. :-/ Is there any other dental office you could get into sooner?

Chaos Coordinator
03-23-2012, 08:22 PM
:think

I need to ask about that when I call. I wonder if they will just patch it or remove it completely.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

I thought I read something about using bentonite clay to absorb the toxins..? not sure. Not sure if you'd want to swallow the clay though, maybe just rinse your mouth with some clay or something to kinda cleanse the area? I have no idea. :-/ Is there any other dental office you could get into sooner?

It's not really a matter of when they can do it as much as when I can do it. Has to be a day/time when I have no extra kids and my husband is available to keep our kids, unless I want to pay my sitter, I could do that too but h has had separation anxiety something fierce so I've been limiting his time away from us.

sweetpeasmommy
03-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Do some oil pulling with coconut oil and a little bentonite clay mixed. I also used a homeopathic dental material remedy when this happened to me but IDK where you would get it unless you have a local homeopath. High doses of Vitamin C until 24 hours before removal will help flush toxins out and some chlorella should help as well.