PDA

View Full Version : Making a wrap carrier for a doll

HindsFeet
03-21-2012, 03:52 PM
I figure I can just go buy a good piece of jersey knit. But what dimensions would you suggest cutting it for a 3 yo?

I decided I was just going to buy a doll mei tai instead of making one, because I don't have the time or energy to make it at the moment. But it really shouldn't be a big deal to make a wrap for her. I'm just not sure what size to make it.

Kiara.I
03-21-2012, 04:23 PM
:think

We just grabbed a random scrap of fabric, and tied a knot in it. Are you desperately wanting it to be a wrap, like a long one that she can wear in a front wrap cross carry and whatnot? Because I assure you, at 3, *you* will be the one putting it on her and taking it off her, unless she's way more advanced than my boys. ;)

We just did a sling. I do have a couple of pieces of fabric that we've used as wraps for them, but whenever we're using those, mom is tying them.

houseforjoy
03-21-2012, 04:28 PM
i also vote sling. i only use wraps, but my kids only use ring slings :giggle if you want to know how much fabric for each just take a tape measure and measure around her waist then measure from shoulder to hip and multiply times 4, then add the 2 numbers together and add a few more inches for tying.

HindsFeet
03-21-2012, 05:07 PM
We have a sling already, and I hate it. I still have to help them put it on, because otherwise they can't get it adjusted to where their doll/toy doesn't fall out all the time. I thought it would be easy for them to use, but I've had it since Owl was a toddler, and nobody has ever used the thing without getting frustrated.

So - I'd just as soon help them tie something on that is going to hold their stuff more securely. Plus, I mostly wear a wrap or a mei tai, and they generally prefer to imitate whatever mama is doing.