PDA

View Full Version : Interchangable knitting needles recommendations please!

Indigo
03-17-2012, 06:33 AM
Hi Knitters! I am in desperate need of some new interchangable circular knitting needles. I have the Denise Interchangables, which I love, except for the very big fact that they often disconnect while I am knitting. I am constantly checking them, sometimes even taping them together. I'd like some nice needles that I don't have to worry about.

TIA!

mamaeffie
03-17-2012, 06:45 AM
hm i was going to suggest denise needles :giggle i have never once had the problem you are describing, so i've not tried any other types.

Mama Rophe
03-17-2012, 06:52 AM
I love my knit picks interchangeable set. I originally had the nickle plated set, but had to exchange it for the wood. The feel and speed of the nickle plated was nice, but my fingers would go numb. The wood is awesome! That, and knit picks customer service is great!

Two Little Birds
03-17-2012, 07:13 AM
I have the addi turbo lace. :swoon An investment for sure but oh my! Worth every penny.

Kiara.I
03-17-2012, 08:53 AM
I have the knitpicks nickel and love them.

I know some GCMs have HiyaHiya and like them, but I just tried to look at their website. :crazy It's mostly broken. You'll have to ask the ladies who have them, and where to buy them. :doh

allisonintx
03-17-2012, 08:59 AM
I have never played with the Addi's but they're pretty universally well thought of.

I really like the knitpicks for their price, how well they 'lock' when you use the little tool, the versitility in sizes and lengths of cable, PLUS, there are three kinds of needles from which to choose, and they interchange with Knitters Pride (http://www.knitterspride.com/) needles/cables which offer Symfonie Cubix

Niphredil
03-17-2012, 08:59 AM
I have the knitpicks nickle too and I like them a lot. Sometimes, though, when I'm kitting, the needles come unscrewed from the cables. Anybody else have that happen?

Kiara.I
03-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Yup, happens to me sometimes, it's always because I umm....never...use the little tool to tighten them because I'm too impatient. ;) So then I have to retighten them several times, until I give up in disgust and get the little tool, and then they don't unscrew anymore.

Niphredil
03-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Little tool? :think I don't guess I have one of those. I got mine second hand... I'll have to look and see if there's anything random in that box.

Kiara.I
03-17-2012, 03:20 PM
It's a little piece of wire shaped like a 9. Basically, it's a paperclip. ;)

You feed the long part through the little hole on the cable, and use it to twist the cable harder than you could by just holding it with your fingers.

If you can't find it, you could either order another from Knitpicks, or you could, you know, mangle a paper clip if it's strong enough. :shrug3