PDA

View Full Version : Knitters - please help me figure out how to size down this row

mipennsn
03-06-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm making this Cardigan (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/apple-blossom-cardigan) for a baby shower gift this weekend. I am using yarn from my stash and didn't have any DK weight I wanted to use for this project, so I am using worsted. I am trying to size down to 0-6 month size. Can you help me figure out Row 28.

I have 104 stitches vs 117 heading into this row.

I have done some of the math to figure it out. Before starting the row the pattern calls for 17 stitches for the fronts, 23 for the sleeves and 37 for the back. Somehow I need to take 13 stitches out of these numbers. I am thinking about taking 2 from each front and sleeve and 5 from the back then spacing it out to still do all the increases. Will this work? or to I need to change the ratio's some.

Thankfully I have a 2 month old to try the changes on.

Kiara.I
03-06-2012, 06:20 PM
You need to get rid of 12 stitches to get down to 92 in order to keep the ratios the same.

Your suggestion cuts out 13, which will be about right. :tu

(And try it on the 2-month old. ;) )

mipennsn
03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
I found another pattern that had 2 less stitches than I had, so I was able to use that to figure it out. I just added the 2 stitches to the back.