PDA

View Full Version : Our Daddy dog just saved our puppies lives!

mamacat
03-03-2012, 06:54 AM
As some of you know we have the cutest little JRT mix pups and the 4 are almost 10 wks old but still quite small - 5lbs. & under.In the mornings have been letting them out in the back for awhile while we clean puppy pen inside.The mama & papa stay right with them.Today the daddy dog began barking and barking and barking.I looked out and they were all in one spot near a large tree.I went out to see if they had perhaps tracked a small animal like a mole and couldnt see anything then glanced up and there was a huge bird waiting to have them for breakfast that flew off right after.Think it was either a hawk or an eagle which we see both of out here.:heart:heart:heart:heart Papa dog enjoying an extra treat for breakfast today!

ThreeKids
03-03-2012, 07:06 AM
I once shoo'ed off a huge bird who was eyeballing my neighbor's toy terrier. The bird lived around here and the dog never disappeared.

It caused other mischief, though, like leaving guts in the kids' swimming pool and trying to keel me by flying against the window I was sitting at, knocking itself out, and leaving a huge feather wax print on my window.

mamacat
03-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Ourneighbors used to have to watch their min yorkie.The hawks woul swoop down on him when he as out sometimes and he would hide under a bush until they came out and rescued him

WaitPatientlyOnTheLord
03-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Thats so scary!! Im glad they are safe. Way to go Daddy Dog!!! :D

Are you going to let them be outside again without a human? Id be so nervous!

Johns_Gal
03-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Lucky pups, and good, good dog!

I cannot imagine how scary that must have been.