PDA

View Full Version : Forget This Baby Fever

mystweaver
02-29-2012, 11:54 AM
I want a puppy. I want one bad. Dreaming of puppies while awake, dreaming of puppies while I sleep...bring on the puppies. I want to train one. I want to go jogging with one. I want to sit and read with one while my husband is off working late at night. :yes Must...have...patience.

...as I look at Petfinder. :shifty

It's a good thing our rental has a strict no pets policy, or else My husband would be doing a lot of :hunh, :doh, and :snooty right now. :giggle

LoveIsGentle
02-29-2012, 11:56 AM
:lol I understand! Except my weakness is cats.

I have an enormous German Shepherd that thinks he's a lap dog and apparently also has OCD. Want him? :shifty

mystweaver
02-29-2012, 12:01 PM
My husband is going for the cats. Since they take less time and space, I think we'll medicate his fever first. ;)

Pass. Short-haired breeds for me only. I'm way too lazy to defuzz clothes in the morning before work. :shifty

Johns_Gal
03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Bengals are low-shed. :shifty
I hear you. I need a puupy and a baby, in about thaat order. See, if I got a pup then got pg, I'd have a yearling, somewhat level dog still young eenough to be flexible.

I see either one and can almost feel my ovaries twitch. :giggle

bliss
03-03-2012, 02:56 AM
You want to come pet my just-under-a-year-past-the-"awwwww it's a cute weeble PUPPY" stage-and-just-a-destructive-monster 'puppy'? :giggle

Tandem mama
03-03-2012, 05:54 AM
I have been wanting a puppy. Or wanting to bring our dog home from the inlaws (which would be a huge detriment to her as she has lived there longer than she lived here and is truly fil's a dog and was even before the move to their house. They just have always had a special connection and she has anxiety which isn't well suited to our yard-less house and busy neighborhood)

Yesterday, we were at the IL's and cuppycake was chasing the poor dog and she (dog) looked at me in a panic like ":help" and I asked if she wanted out. She RAN to the door. We can't do that here. :no shed never get a break from toddler ills over here and she would start snapping. It's why she moved. She can't handle small kids for long without a break. She snapped at a friends baby.

And now I'm happily puppy-less because I know cuppycake would terrorize them as she terrorizes our cats and our dog when we see her.

Though, a puggle might be nice....my dads puggle is really stupid and happy and beefy so she can handle the rough love of a toddler and she eats it up. She's perfect for my kids. Lol

Johns_Gal
03-03-2012, 11:01 AM
You want to come pet my just-under-a-year-past-the-"awwwww it's a cute weeble PUPPY" stage-and-just-a-destructive-monster 'puppy'? :giggle

Ha ha ha. Neener neener, your pittie grew u-uppp...

She'll get better. If you let her live through the stupidity of being a yearling bull dog, anyway. All bets are off if you turn her into a rug.

bliss
03-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Ha ha ha. Neener neener, your pittie grew u-uppp...

She'll get better. If you let her live through the stupidity of being a yearling bull dog, anyway. All bets are off if you turn her into a rug.

:haha She's not a pit :snooty. She is a special off-shoot breed known as the "Moronshire Terrier" or "Bozoshire Terrier" TYVM :lol.

racheepoo
03-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Getting into fostering cured me of puppy fever. :shifty

mollobe
03-03-2012, 01:51 PM
You could maybe be what's called a Puppy Walker - they're pups that are being trained to be guide dogs, so you begin their training with basic commands. They even get a little training vest to wear since you're supposed to take them into stores, on buses, etc. Your rental property may allow it since it's for this purpose (the gudie dog company even sends someone out to talk to the manager if they don't initially let you.) :shrug3

You do have to give the pup up at about a year :pout but he/she goes into serious training and then on to guide dog testing, so it's for a great purpose. :)

jujubnme
03-03-2012, 02:19 PM
When I finally accepted that we weren't going to expand our family through childbirth or adoption, we added a cute little black and white cockapoo puppy to our family. :heart He was and is adorable... but I'm SO glad puppy days are over!! I'm not sure I'd ever want to do it again. :shifty He's an awesome pet now, though.