PDA

View Full Version : Trainers into Prefolds

sewing3girls
02-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Anyone every make training pants from Prefolds? I've been searching the internet for a good pattern/instructions, but have just not found what I'm looking for. I'm not necessarily interested in a waterproof outer, because essentially right now I'm just looking at for house wear. I'll rethink things once we start venturing out sans diaper. :-)

solatido
02-05-2012, 09:08 PM
In the past I have done something that might work if you make some adaptations. I basically just cut out a half oval from each side so the prefold looked like a capital I. Then I added snaps at the thigh and hip and bound the raw edges with FOE. I put a little FOE on the back too, but to work as trainers you'd probably want more elasticity. You could put it all the way around. You'd get a lot more stretch on the sides than on the center parts since the outsides have fewer layers.

If you don't have a snap press, maybe you could get your LO to lay down for a minute after you do the FOE and just kind of mark where it fits best and sew up the sides where it would sit on hips, KWIM?

LadybugSam
02-05-2012, 09:10 PM
i also have a prefold to fitted tutorial that i like
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360788

but nothing about turning them into trainers :think

ECingMama
02-11-2012, 11:35 PM
I was hoping she would get a good reply to this!