PDA

View Full Version : My House Smells Like Dog!

saturnfire16
01-26-2012, 10:31 AM
This is disgusting! I'm about to go buy some Febreze, but I would rather not have us inhaling the chemicals. What natural thing can I use? Maybe some kind essential oil?

Buela
01-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Is the odor ON anything? Or just the dog?

Our couch, the dogs bed and her crate are quite stinky at times. I spray them with a vinegar and water combo and let it dry.

My dog is especially stinky right now, and we can't bathe her ourselves (65 pounds of anxiety climbing the bath wall last time we tried) She reeks! Thank you for reminding me to get her an appointment!

mamamonkey
01-26-2012, 12:06 PM
:popcorn

saturnfire16
01-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Is the odor ON anything? Or just the dog?

Our couch, the dogs bed and her crate are quite stinky at times. I spray them with a vinegar and water combo and let it dry.

My dog is especially stinky right now, and we can't bathe her ourselves (65 pounds of anxiety climbing the bath wall last time we tried) She reeks! Thank you for reminding me to get her an appointment!

I think it's on everything. We just got the dog and I have been home for a few days so I guess I got used to it. Yesterday I left the house and when I came home the smell just about knocked me over. As soon as I walked in the door, it was just awful. Every room in the house! She's a puppy, so she's been peeing on the floor, which is ALL carpet. I have been cleaning it up with tea tree oil in water for the germs/smell and I thought it was taking care of it, but it's not doing the trick.

I'll try the vinegar!

Buela
01-26-2012, 12:25 PM
:yes Vinegar will work well for the pee smells too. We trained our dog in a fully carpeted home too :doh Not ideal.

Gowermom3
01-26-2012, 09:29 PM
I do not know if this is chemicals in it but I have trried a product called "OUT!" it is probably a better product because it eliminates tough pet odors and is sold in the pet section at walmart. They have a spray or a dry powder which I like you put on the carpet and fruniture and let set for a few and vacummn off. It is fragrant in the way of if you have allergies I would sniff it first at the store before you buy it. It does a good job for me in the house. The spray is intended for other smelly stuff as well. :shrug3 That is what I use since it gets smelly and the other things I have tried make me sneeze and get a headache. This one is way less fragrant I still sneeze but that is because I tend to sprinkle it and inhale it at the same time. If I put it on the carpet and walk away for 5 min I can handle it.