PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me troubleshoot Sue Gregg's blender waffle recipe?

Blue-EyedLady
01-08-2012, 06:27 PM
If you've made them, do you end up with crunchy bits in the batter? It must be unground grains, but I can't imagine why they're not ground up completely. :scratch

FWIW, I use my super-awesome better-than-a-blender food processor instead of a blender, and I run it just about forever before and after soaking. I'm making pancakes, not waffles, but I don't think that's where the problem lies. I've done it twice, once with buckwheat and brown rice, and once with buckwheat and amaranth, and had the problem both times.

Blue-EyedLady
01-09-2012, 04:26 PM
:bump

teamommy
01-09-2012, 05:01 PM
I have made them and I get no crunchy bits. I have a Vitamix.

The only thing I could think is the food processor is missing things. I have a good food processor, but if I want something really smooth I have to use the vitamix. Grains are so small that I don't think my processor would do the job in the same way.

Blue-EyedLady
01-09-2012, 08:28 PM
:( I don't have a blender - I use the food processor for everything, and I really don't have room for another appliance. Guess I'll have to go back to using flours and beans, then.

teamommy
01-11-2012, 12:14 PM
I don't know.

Maybe you could try a batch after soaking the grains a lot longer, to make them softer.

Or you could try soaked oats. We soak oats and eat them the next morning, plain, without cooking. They get very soft. Steel cut, or definitely flaked oatmeal should grind okay. And then with a smaller grain like amaranth, it might work.

abh5e8
03-03-2013, 05:49 PM
any success? I make them in the food processor and dont' have any problems. what grains do you use?

SewingGreenMama
03-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Are you talking about the finished pancakes?

Blue-EyedLady
03-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Wow! Antique thread!

I gave up on this a long time ago. :shifty

But yes, I always had crunchy bits in my finished pancakes which I could only assume was unground grain. I borrowed a blender from my mom. I should give this another try sometime.

SewingGreenMama
03-03-2013, 10:39 PM
When I didn't want the crunch I used fresh wheat flour. Easy for the baby to eat.
I love these they are such a yummy breakfast.

Blue-EyedLady
03-04-2013, 09:59 AM
We're gluten-free, so no wheat for us.