PDA

View Full Version : WWYD about this.....

gpsings
12-30-2011, 01:19 PM
he's urinating around the house.

It's escalating.

Now, he's going number 2.

Up to now, I've been having him help me clean it up, and talking to him about going in the potty. Why is it getting worse?

How am I supposed to handle this? (BTW, I intend to tomato stake for now until we figure out a solution. He is going to be 5 on Monday.)

Katigre
12-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Are there special needs involved?

gpsings
12-30-2011, 02:03 PM
no, but he's had a chronic eczema around his mouth, so I was suspecting a food allergy up until the #2 started. I have removed milk....

MarynMunchkins
12-30-2011, 02:43 PM
It sounds food related to me, and keeping him near is probably the only option until the problem food is gone.

:hug Sorry! That's gross!

bolt.
12-30-2011, 04:04 PM
I'd say keeping him nearby is excellent, as well as focusing on relieving himself regularly, not according to feeling -- so, using a schedule or a timer, then it's time to go to the washroom, with a good when-then attached.

Do you feel this is him trying to do or get something? How do you guess this might be motivated? Is it, "I don't want to stop my play" or "I don't like the washroom experience" or "I'm uncomfortable with my genitals" or "I want to control something in my life" or "I like the sense of mischief" or "I appreciate the after-attention" --- as a mom, your guess would probably be a good place to start musing about how to address whatever is making him want to do this.

gpsings
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
My guess is the 'I like the sense of mischief and after attention'. That's my guess, and that in my quest to be organized for the new year, I've neglected the entertainment of all of my kids.
Aneliese told me I was always busy anymore....:(
Just a couple more plans....

bolt.
12-31-2011, 06:52 AM
That sounds like more positive interactions will help. You could also consider a mischief game -- some kind of thing that feels clever, sneaky and exciting... Maybe 'hide mamas deck of cards' or 'dress up and scare mama'?

gpsings
12-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Sounds fun. :)

Actually, he did it today while I was out on my run....home with daddy.

Two things I'm noticing.
1. Breena always finds it and tells us about it. She gets very excited about it.
2. He denies it.

I'm wondering if she's somehow involved? Also, it's strange that he would do it right in the middle of the living room with daddy up and around the house....

mwwr
12-31-2011, 01:25 PM
You might :poke kiloyd. I remember that she had similar troubles with her ds when he was about that age, but I don't remember the details.