PDA

View Full Version : Shouting IN people's ear

Tandem mama
12-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Sunshine has this new habit of shouting right in someone's ear when she is angry or frustrated. She does it to me a LOT and I continually remind her it hurts and she may NOT do it.
Now she just did it to the baby and made her cry. I yelled. :bag I am so insanely sick of this behavior. It HURTS and it may not continue.

What on earth do I do? Talking to her isn't working. Help!

greengirl19
12-12-2011, 06:31 AM
G does that to get our attention. Like when I'm holding him and talking to DH and G wants something and I don't acknowledge, he screams right in my ear. It's SO loud.

I try to address it by turning to him (so giving him my full attention, which is what he wanted) and saying in a quiet voice 'Baby, I'm right here and I hear you, you do not have yell in my ear. Please use a nice voice'. Or something like that.

Tandem mama
12-12-2011, 06:33 AM
G does that to get our attention. Like when I'm holding him and talking to DH and G wants something and I don't acknowledge, he screams right in my ear. It's SO loud.

I try to address it by turning to him (so giving him my full attention, which is what he wanted) and saying in a quiet voice 'Baby, I'm right here and I hear you, you do not have yell in my ear. Please use a nice voice'. Or something like that.

That is what I've been doing, but now she's doing it to her sister. She's going to damage someone's ear drum.

Milonna
12-15-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm new here but wanted to jump in and say you're not alone, my DS (nearly 5) does this too and I have a lot of trouble staying calm and getting him to listen when I tell him he is not to do it! :hug2

It probably is an attention thing but it doesn't make it easy to deal with.