PDA

View Full Version : Hot chocolate!

pastelsummer
12-09-2011, 11:51 AM
i forgot to make a list of hotchocolate

swiss miss tops my fave list
stephen follows close behind

So what kinds do you like if you make your own can you list the recipe?

cbmk4
12-09-2011, 11:59 AM
the very best hot chocolate I ever had was in France. It wasn't very sweet at all. In fact, it was made with unsweetened cocoa and steamed milk. I stirred just a bit of brown sugar into it. I haven't been able to find the exact cocoa powder here, not even on Amazon.

Lady TS
12-09-2011, 12:11 PM
My favorite for the last year has been Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate kind.

I'd been making a homemade diet hot chocolate mix for hubby. It always clumped in the cup and was hard to mix as a result. I switched over to Hershey's Dark Cocoa Powder and voila! It mixes up w/o clumps and is as good as, if not better, than the Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate.
I use sugar in mine, dh gets the nasty Splenda in his.

Link to the post in my blog: Another Healthy Hot Cocoa Mix (http://http//livinghealthyinthemodernworld.blogspot.com/2011/11/last-year-i-posted-recipe-for-healthier.html)

Iarwain
12-09-2011, 12:35 PM
I usually make my own but Ghirardelli has a mix that is super yummy! You make it with milk instead of water so it's extra rich. :yum

Drummer'sWife
12-09-2011, 01:16 PM
I saw a blog post about hot chocolate made with Nutella, but I didn't bookmark it and I have no idea how I got to it.... it looked SO yummy though.

really helpful huh? :giggle

mrsd
12-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Swiss Miss is fine with me.

Lady Grey
12-09-2011, 02:08 PM
I like Archer Farms Dark Cocoa mix and the Starbucks Salted Carmel mix packets.

To buy, I like Corner Bakery's Truffle Hot Cocoa :yes

I am cocoa snob and will only buy a mix with that says to add to hot milk - not water. Ever.

pastelsummer
12-09-2011, 03:29 PM
I like Archer Farms Dark Cocoa mix and the Starbucks Salted Carmel mix packets.

To buy, I like Corner Bakery's Truffle Hot Cocoa :yes

I am cocoa snob and will only buy a mix with that says to add to hot milk - not water. Ever.

I always use half milk at least for my hot chocolates it tastes funny otherwise