PDA

View Full Version : Sick kitty

joyfulmomof2
11-26-2011, 07:08 AM
My kitty (1 year old) is throwing up. She is crouching low to the ground in weird places here and there like her tummy is upset. Then she'll get up and wander around like she normally does.

She isn't throwing up a lot. She acted a bit like she had a hairball yesterday and then threw up undigested food pieces today.

She is acting a bit out of sorts. Is there a home remedy for her or no.

The 2 things that I would say that are out of the ordinary are that I gave her some loose catnip to roll around in and we pulled out the tree yesterday. Other than that I can't think of anything.

MudPies
11-26-2011, 07:59 AM
not sure but praying!

joyfulmomof2
11-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Thank you so much for your prayers! They appear to be working! She perked up a few hours ago and appears to be hungry. Might make her a little rice for dinner. :)

Rabbit
11-26-2011, 04:17 PM
You can give her hairball remedy for the next few days, so that whatever is bothering her can either go down or come up.

itzj
11-26-2011, 04:26 PM
I agree to give hairball remedy. Is she eating the tree or drinking the water? Both are toxic, so try to keep her away.

joyfulmomof2
11-26-2011, 04:30 PM
No I'm pretty careful about plants in the house. Would love more but don't want her to be sick. Our tree is artificial. I'll will get some hair all remedy though I'm wondering about a tiny bit of virgin coconut oil on her food?

Rabbit
11-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Yes, you can give her coconut oil. I think 1/4 to 1/2 tsp is the amount for a cat who hasn't eaten it before. It can make for loose stools.

In contrast, the hairball remedy will be more like a tsp or two. Smear it on the top of a paw, getting it well smeared so that a flick of the paw doesn't fling it about your house. It's quite literally lube, to ease out the blockage.

itzj
11-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Keep an eye out in case she nibbles the artificial one.

I think the coconut oil is safe and would probably be as effective as the hairball stuff.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Yes, you can give her coconut oil. I think 1/4 to 1/2 tsp is the amount for a cat who hasn't eaten it before. It can make for loose stools.

Thanks for posting a dose. Might try it with some of ours.