PDA

View Full Version : Symplex F, hormones, adrenals, question...?

dukeofhazzard
11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Obviously I struggled to find an appropriate title to express what it is I'm wanting to know :giggle.

Okay, due to the fact that my anxiety/depression appeared to be hormone related, I started taking Symplex F. I think I was right, because I'm back to feeling great like I did during the first 18 months of nursing Q. :tu

I heard that Symplex F is supposed to do something for your adrenals too? Am I mistaken? Because up until I started the F, coffee and really any caffeine source was relaxing for me. Now, one cup of coffee sends me zooming and any more than that turns me into a basket case. Why?

Lady TS
11-18-2011, 12:26 PM
:cup

Not sure, but I know caffeine(coffee especially) sends me "zooming"...and I have had weak adrenals...

sweetpeasmommy
11-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Simplex F made my heart race like crazy. I do think it has something to do with the adrenals picking back up, but it was just too strong for me. Could have something to do with all the coffee though now that you mention it. :think

SilverMoon
11-18-2011, 10:25 PM
:popcorn cause I'm interested in helping my adrenals.

canadiyank
11-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Is this something you take every day?

SuperDudesMama
11-19-2011, 07:44 AM
:popcorn cause I'm interested in helping my adrenals.

:yes Ditto

J3K
11-19-2011, 07:46 AM
I too , noticed a difference in the way my adrenals worked. It was getting my thyroid back to normal. Caffeine is supposed to make you jumpy and jittery. :yes I took it for quite a while before I put together some bowel issues I was having and the SimplexF.

dukeofhazzard
11-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Is this something you take every day?

Yes, the bottle says to take one with every meal, but I usually only remember to take it with breakfast and dinner.

I too , noticed a difference in the way my adrenals worked. It was getting my thyroid back to normal. Caffeine is supposed to make you jumpy and jittery. :yes I took it for quite a while before I put together some bowel issues I was having and the SimplexF.

Okay, :yes so this affects my thyroid too? That would totally make sense. Yes, caffeine *is* supposed to make you hyper :giggle, but it hasn't done that to me in a LONG time.

It was just so weird to get jittery from my usual amount. I'm glad that means it's doing something. I've suspected that my thyroid doesn't function exactly right, and that my adrenals are run down. For real though, I have felt so NORMAL since starting this stuff. :yes

crunchymum
11-19-2011, 02:32 PM
:think caffeine has no affect on me at all... So does that mean something as well? What is this symplex f you speak of? How did you know you should take it?

dukeofhazzard
11-19-2011, 03:01 PM
:think caffeine has no affect on me at all... So does that mean something as well? What is this symplex f you speak of? How did you know you should take it?

I don't know if that means something or not :giggle. Symplex F is something I came across when I was searching GCM for supplements to help with balancing hormones. I don't know how you know you should take it. :giggle

richesabove
11-19-2011, 03:06 PM
hun, I need me a piece of that "normal" feeling...goodness knows my hormones have me all over the map most of the time. Maybe I need to just take the plunge and take the Simplex F. I've toyed with it for quite some time.

Subbing

hey mommy
11-19-2011, 03:08 PM
hun, I need me a piece of that "normal" feeling...goodness knows my hormones have me all over the map most of the time. Maybe I need to just take the plunge and take the Simplex F. I've toyed with it for quite some time.

Subbing

Same here... And caffeine has little effect on me. It drives me nuts because I really need the energy.

Lady TS
11-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Where do you buy Symplex F? I didn't see it on Vitacost (bummer).

richesabove
11-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Where do you buy Symplex F? I didn't see it on Vitacost (bummer).

You can get it on amazon, last I looked.

dukeofhazzard
11-19-2011, 04:52 PM
You can get it on amazon, last I looked.

:yes That's where I got it.

Lady TS
11-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Wow, that's some spendy stuff! Standard Process makes some good stuff though. My chiro has it, I am sure (got my digestive enzymes from them when I was pg) and the chiro could muscle test me to see if it would be helpful for me...

Good to know!

crunchymum
11-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Are you weirded out by the bovine ingredients? :nails

Lady TS
11-19-2011, 05:31 PM

I was with the other adrenal support stuff the chiro offered....that's why I decided not to take them and try other methods of supporting/healing my adrenals....

I need to read up and focus on that some more this winter, I think. Especially since I won't be constantly fighting seasonal allergy stuff like this past fall...

dukeofhazzard
11-19-2011, 05:39 PM

Truthfully, yes, but I was desperate for a solution and decided to pretend they weren't there. :shifty

Llee
11-19-2011, 05:41 PM
:think Because caffeine has VERY rarely made me more awake. Usually it just makes me sleepy. But then, sleep meds usually don't work either. :shifty

I'm royally screwed up!

J3K
11-19-2011, 05:55 PM
My chiro put me on SimplexF to straighten out my thyroid (which in turn fixes hormones).
I was really weirded out by the bovine ingredients , but was willing to try it to avoid artificial stuff guaranteed to mess up my hormones/body. I had to quit taking it after a long while because my body doesn't accept bovine anything very well. I was willing to put up with it for a short while to see the amazing results , but once everything evened out , I stopped.

Yes , it's expensive , but cheaper than the jacked up stuff the regular doc would give you. It was SO worth it to feel like I had enough energy to grocery shop , then come home and put away the groceries , then do a load of laundry. I was so run down before that I couldn't do any one of those things all the way thru. Just driving to the supermarket , shopping , loading the stuff into the car and driving back home , had me crawling into bed weak as a newborn kitten.

Today , on the heels of an icky migraine , I (with the family) drove dd to work , went to five different car lots looking for a 'new' car , came home , hand washed the dishes(took about an hour on my feet...to clean the whole kitchen spotless), painted my nails , did two loads of laundry ..wash/dried/folded/hung up/put away. That would have been impossible before taking the Simplex F. Just regular household stuff wiped me out. Sweeping the living room (relatively small) had me sitting down half way thru.

So yeah...that wasn't exactly a nutshell...but the bovine ingredients and what they do to my bowels (sorry tmi ) was absolutely worth it to get my thyroid working properly again.

sweetpeasmommy
11-19-2011, 06:26 PM
GAPS does a lovely job of healing the adrenals and all the hormones. Just sayin. :shifty

SilverMoon
11-19-2011, 06:28 PM
I don't understand the issue with bovine ingredients. It's cow, which I eat regularly in the form of steak, roast and ground beef. Why would cow adrenal gland be icky?

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

GAPS does a lovely job of healing the adrenals and all the hormones. Just sayin. :shifty

:doh

Why am I not surprised? I know I'm going to end up doing GAPS, and soon. :sigh I wish there were an easier, less expensive way to heal all my issues.

J3K
11-19-2011, 06:33 PM
And GAPS is......

Lady TS
11-19-2011, 06:40 PM

I could not do GAPS when stuff was really bad, because I couldn't eat half of what is offered on the GAPS regimen....I was already severely limited--I didn't want to eat any more limited!

Plus...I can't find "natural" beef/chicken bones here....unless I want to regularly buy a $20 chicken...:-/ I do get one every other month or so, but can't hack $80+/month on chicken alone... I did find some grassfed beef bones recently at the HFS, but opted to get the actual meat rather than the bones. It was between $6-7 for a one pound or so package of soup bones. I seriously considered it though.... can't find them in stores here either, I have asked and they get their meat already cut up and don't have any bones to offer. :-/

A friend of mine locally did GAPS for awhile though....she doesn't have quite the same limitations I have with food though...I'll have to pick her brain. :)

sweetpeasmommy
11-19-2011, 06:55 PM
GAPS is a diet that is used to heal food allergies, autism, ADHD, adrenal fatigue, hormonal issues, autoimmune disorders, etc.

We couldn't eat half the food before we did it either. I wish there were an easier, less expensive way to heal all my issues. :hug Me too.

richesabove
11-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Ok,
You gals that are taking Simplex F....what is the number one symptom that you feel the supplement addresses? I'm REALLY thinking about ordering some of that stuff tomorrow.

canadiyank
11-19-2011, 08:24 PM
I don't understand the issue with bovine ingredients. It's cow, which I eat regularly in the form of steak, roast and ground beef. Why would cow adrenal gland be icky?

Higher chance of mad cow being in organs, glands, etc., is my understanding (vs. muscle).

Auroras mom
11-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Higher chance of mad cow being in organs, glands, etc., is my understanding (vs. muscle).

This was my concern with it. I got chewed out by someone here for even mentioning it though, so am not sure if maybe there is some reason to not worry about it with these supplements?

J3K
11-20-2011, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't worry about it with Standard Process supplements. Just some random supplement you picked up at Walmart ? Yeah , I'd worry. Standard Process takes great care , and I appreciate that.

squiddles
11-22-2011, 12:39 PM
anyone know if it's safe to take while breastfeeding??

cobluegirl
11-22-2011, 01:45 PM
maybe check kellymom.com

dukeofhazzard
12-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Soooo, at first, it made me feel normal (aka, took away the budding panic attacks and simmering anxiety and depression) :tu. Now, it's making me feel all angry. I wasn't sure if that's what was causing it, so I quit taking it for a few days and felt calmer, started taking it again and got all mean again :shifty.

Good news is the stuff it took away is still gone. So, does this mean I don't need it anymore and because of that, it's causing me to be too ramped up?

sweetpeasmommy
12-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Right, over time the body should need less or not need it anymore. I ended up using t-lyph-three for my thyroid but over time it was too strong and had a similar effect. And swung me to hyper thyroid when I was too slow to notice. :doh

dukeofhazzard
12-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Right, over time the body should need less or not need it anymore. I ended up using t-lyph-three for my thyroid but over time it was too strong and had a similar effect. And swung me to hyper thyroid when I was too slow to notice. :doh

Hyper thyroid wouldn't be awful, would it? :shifty Isn't that where you lose weight? :giggle

mommylove
12-02-2011, 11:02 AM
As an fyi, my doctor put me on Seriphos (http://www.seriphos.net/), which is vegetable derived & an alternative to a glandular adrenal support formula.

She had me take it while breastfeeding because my baby was born with adrenal fatigue/exhaustion thanks to mine. :( So it did go through the milk, but that was the plan.

sweetpeasmommy
12-02-2011, 12:02 PM
It makes you really wound up and hungry all. the. time. It took my homeopath a long time to get my thyroid back on track after that though.

dukeofhazzard
12-02-2011, 12:04 PM
It makes you really wound up and hungry all. the. time. It took my homeopath a long time to get my thyroid back on track after that though.

Eeew, that doesn't sound fun :hugheart.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

So I guess I'll stop taking it. I wish I could un-take it :giggle, I took it this morning and have taken 1000mg of GABA and I'm STILL feeling really wound up.