PDA

View Full Version : Should I go ahead and make a pumpkin pie or not?

Can'tTurnLeft
11-17-2011, 01:06 PM
We are having a big thanksgiving potluck tomorrow. I signed up for pies. So far nobody else is bringing a pumpkin pie. I make a slammin good pumpkin pie....but I kinda don't wanna :shifty

I've made a pecan pie, an eggnog pie, and I have a third pie crust. The bee wants to make a lemon merengue pie, but it seems like such a pain....

Apple-Saucy
11-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Hmmmm.....I don't know.

But I must have the egg nog pie recipe. I must I must. :yes

mommylove
11-17-2011, 01:09 PM
You've put forth a lot of effort already. Personally, at this point, I'd go with convenience over impressibility. :shifty

houseforjoy
11-17-2011, 01:10 PM
do you need a third pie? if you want something different a key lime pie is super easy to make

Can'tTurnLeft
11-17-2011, 01:13 PM
I have a third pie crust all made up and ready to go. And I make good pie :) And I don't have room to freeze the crust, so it seems a waste to not make a third pie :giggle. It is fifty sailors, I'm sure I could use a third pie ;)

houseforjoy
11-17-2011, 01:17 PM
okay then i would make a pie. whatever kind you want to;)

ThreeKids
It is imperative there be pumpkin pie at a Thanksgiving potluck. Maybe even 20 pumpkin pies.

Can'tTurnLeft
Can'tTurnLeft's Eggnog pie

2 c. sugar, superfine is best
2 T. flour
6 eggs
2/3 c. buttermilk
1/3 c. butter, melted
2 t. rum or rum extract (almost extract will work also if you don't have the rum)
1/2 t. freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 t. salt

Mix and pour into an unbaked 9" pie shell. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, until it is set. Refrigerate overnight. Right before you eat it sprinkle the top with superfine sugar and put it under the broiler watching it carefully to brulee the top.

houseforjoy
11-17-2011, 02:20 PM
wait.... so there is no egg nog in it??? does it really taste like eggnog?? (says the super addicted to eggnog lady)

i make my pumpkin pie with eggnog:shifty or melted vanilla ice cream

kwisie
11-17-2011, 02:22 PM
That eggnog pie looks delicious! Mmm, maybe we should make one to take to FIL's. He'd appreciate it. :yes

LadybugSam
11-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Can'tTurnLeft's Eggnog pie

2 c. sugar, superfine is best
2 T. flour
6 eggs
2/3 c. buttermilk
1/3 c. butter, melted
2 t. rum or rum extract (almost extract will work also if you don't have the rum)
1/2 t. freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 t. salt

Mix and pour into an unbaked 9" pie shell. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, until it is set. Refrigerate overnight. Right before you eat it sprinkle the top with superfine sugar and put it under the broiler watching it carefully to brulee the top.

that sound delicious. and your typo amuses me. :giggle "almost extract"

Aisling
11-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Confucius says: One can never have too much pie.

Aisling says: bake an extra and mail it to me. :shifty

houseforjoy
11-17-2011, 02:24 PM
i laughed too, i almost had to make a reply of :
"almost extract:scratch:scratch what is that? rum that is almost extracted but gets drunk instead:shifty" :giggle

kwisie
11-17-2011, 02:29 PM
:roll

Little Forest
11-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Houseforjoy, doesn't it have all the ingredients that eggnog has? I think it's the eggs and rum and nutmeg that make eggnog eggnog. ;)

What kind of heresy is it to have Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie!
Posted via Mobile Device

houseforjoy
11-17-2011, 09:26 PM
when i make eggnog at home (because sometimes it's not in the stores and i neeeeeeeeeed it) it is eggs, milk/cream, and sugar. rum is optional and not in the store stuff and i never use it. i think the buttermilk is what is really throwing me

so what did you do? what kinda pie did you make :poke

Can'tTurnLeft
11-17-2011, 09:31 PM
when i make eggnog at home (because sometimes it's not in the stores and i neeeeeeeeeed it) it is eggs, milk/cream, and sugar. rum is optional and not in the store stuff and i never use it. i think the buttermilk is what is really throwing me

so what did you do? what kinda pie did you make :poke

I did not make another pie. I gave the pie crust to my friend and she is making a pumpkin pie :)

kwisie
11-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Great idea! :yes