PDA

View Full Version : FABULOUS Greek Dressing

Rabbit
10-19-2011, 09:09 PM
I found this recipe on allrecipes (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/absolutely-fabulous-greekhouse-dressing/detail.aspx). As a treat when I was feeling really low, I bought an incredibly expensive bottle of hemp oil, and raw red wine vinegar to make this.

1/2 cup raw hemp oil
1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
2/3 cup raw red wine vinegar

Pour them in order into a glass dressing carafe, or other salad dressing container. Shake well. Store in the fridge. You'll have to shake it up each time you use it, as oil and vinegar separate, and the spices do their own thing as well.

It is so delicious, I could just about drink it. It works just fine with olive oil, but the hemp oil was a nice treat for me, especially since I'm allergic to fish, and hemp oil is a decent source of omega 3's. If you can try it with hemp oil, it's awesome. :)

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

I almost forgot: Last time I made it, I used half a tsp of paprika, and half a tsp of ground pepper, and it made it a new color, and spicier, without being hot. I am betting that any change to the pepper will yield a major change in flavor. Fresh ground, gourmet blends, a touch of cayenne or other heat.

Six Little Feet
10-19-2011, 11:08 PM
sounds great

rosesnsnails
10-19-2011, 11:34 PM
yum

Mother of Sons
10-20-2011, 12:23 AM
I just made some. I'll try it tomorrow after they ingredients blend some. I used olive oil and I didn't have onion powder so I used minced onion.

Ajani
10-20-2011, 09:45 AM
1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard

This can be multiplied and kept in a mason jar, with instructions for how much oil and vinegar to add per serving. I do that with my Italian blend, too.

Iarwain
10-20-2011, 09:52 AM
I'll have to try this soon. Sounds yummy!

Rabbit
10-20-2011, 11:24 AM
This can be multiplied and kept in a mason jar, with instructions for how much oil and vinegar to add per serving. I do that with my Italian blend, too.

Allrecipes has a conversion tool right on the recipe. It was originally written for 120 servings!

Rabbit
10-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Seth has declared it nomalicious. He dunks everything he can get his hands on into, and is eating salad just to get more of it. He just took my salad plate from dinner, and dumped his quinoa in it, stirring it around to get up all the drips of dressing left.

charla
10-24-2011, 09:53 PM
This sounds delicious. :yum