PDA

View Full Version : I want to throttle this dog

Mother of Sons
10-18-2011, 05:22 PM
He pees in the house constantly and I can't take it anymore. He pees in the kitchen a lot but also the bathroom. I can handle that to a point because it is easy to clean up (but I am getting really tired of it) The bigger problem is that he pees on anything new that walks in the door and he pees on my bed! I have to make absolutely sure that the door is shut because if it isn't, he will be in there in literally seconds and pee on the bed. If he can't get to the bed he'll pee on something else. He peed on my new gym bag that had several things in it and was open. was given a couple of new girly rugs and she walked away from them for a moment and he peed on them. I am so tired of this I can't even tell you. It is behavioral. I don't believe for one second that this is a health issue.

Please tell me how to make this stop before I refuse to let the dog inside ever again. Oh and yes, he does want more attention. He ALWAYS wants attention. There is never enough and he is constantly underfoot. He is a chinese crested/french bull dog mix (which means UGLY)

This is not new behavior, I just have no more patience for it.

easygoinmomma
10-20-2011, 01:24 PM
I don't have any advice, but I couldn't read and not give :hugheart That would drive me crazy too.

curlymopmom
10-20-2011, 01:32 PM
:hugheart

socaintexas
10-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Is he neutered?

It sounds like he is trying to stake out his territory and neutering him (if he is not already) may help.

My dogs will sometime pee in our bed if they do not feel that they are getting enough attention, but it sounds like you are aware of/addressing that issue. Sometimes there is just not enough time to give them the attention that they need, but if I make a conscious effort to spend a few minutes a day with them getting my sole attention it seems to help.

Good luck!