PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy to try this cake?

CapeTownMommy
10-11-2011, 07:31 AM
I've been doing cake decorating courses for the last year or so, I've made a few fondant figurines and decorating techniques.

Heike is turning 2 in December and I want to make this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28784306@N06/3783904521/)cake for her. Am I nuts? It doesn't look that difficult. :bag

I don't know if the show is popular in the US, but that's Shaun the sheep. Possibly the coolest kids' TV program of all times. :rockon

Kiara.I
10-11-2011, 07:34 AM
GROMIT!!!! :tu:tu:tu So cute!

Wait, there's a tv program? I've just seen the three short ones and the two feature-length movies. :(

Anyway. Ahem. Cake decorating. No, that cake looks totally do-able. As long as you're artistically capable of making figures that look like figures, then you're set. Go for it!

Close2MyHeart
10-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Oh my word! Can you make that for my DD's bday in a few weeks?? That is sooo cute!!

(And we're big Shaun the Sheep fans in this house. :giggle )

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

GROMIT!!!! :tu:tu:tu So cute!

Wait, there's a tv program? I've just seen the three short ones and the two feature-length movies. :(

Anyway. Ahem. Cake decorating. No, that cake looks totally do-able. As long as you're artistically capable of making figures that look like figures, then you're set. Go for it!

If you have Netflix, they are streaming on there. :yes

swimming with sharks
10-11-2011, 07:43 AM
:heart not crazy....totally do it. I might even do some mockups of them ahead of time. Didn't you show us a cake you made not too long ago? I'd totally do it, and remember a 2 yr old is going to LOVE the cake Momma made whether it looked like a pro did it or not. ;) (ask me how I know! :shifty)

Marrae
10-11-2011, 08:22 AM
That's a great cake. I'm sure you could do it. :woohoo I saw pics of others you have made. :)