PDA

View Full Version : I have a garden

Grover
09-22-2011, 09:50 AM
We HAVE A GARDEN .One bigger than a car parking space.One big enough to plant things in.Apple trees seem to do well here,we have the neighbour behind us and to the right of us with apple trees in their garden.Some fall in our garden[and we have been making use of those :yes.
Yesterday we took the kids and let them pick a fruit tree each.G chose cooking cherry.N chose a pear tree and I chose a Christmas Pippin -[apple].S chose a blueberry bush and we also got a gooseberry bush [nothing under it -we checked:giggle].
Im really excited the kids got to come and chose and help plant their 'tree'.Im thinking potatoes next:think

mom2boys
09-22-2011, 10:06 AM
for me potatoes seem to be more work then they are worth. They are so cheap here that it's cheaper to buy them! They are easy to grow, though!
I always plant tomatoes....there is nothing like a fresh, sun-warmed tomato straight out of your garden. Is your growing season the same as mine? We are heading into autumn...I think it's only australia that's opposite of me. :blush but I can't even remember the time zone difference between me and someone in california, so...:giggle

Grover
09-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Its nearly fall here-you should bring your tent and see our garden :yes
Its a good time[apparently-I think DH has been listening to gardeners question time on radio 4 again:giggle] for planting fruit trees.

mom2boys
09-22-2011, 10:57 AM
:giggle yes, I should!

canadiyank
09-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Very cool! I don't get the reference about checking for something under the gooseberry. :shifty I've grown potatoes and not had great luck with them. Garlic would be good to plant this time of year.

mom2boys
09-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Very cool! I don't get the reference about checking for something under the gooseberry. :shifty I've grown potatoes and not had great luck with them. Garlic would be good to plant this time of year.
An onions! I know we've put in onion sets in the fall before, too. :)

Grover
09-27-2011, 07:13 AM
are pics allowed here?

Macky
09-27-2011, 07:32 AM
Yup.