PDA

View Full Version : puppy LOVES water...

afternoonrain
08-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Seriously, what is wrong with this dog? :P~ j/k

Because I am insane I have a new puppy. I gave her a bath when I first got her (4 months old.) She stands so nicely in the tub while I spray her, lather her. I ask her to get out and she starts "swimming" around the tub biting at the water. Playing more than my 5 1/2 year old dd!

This month. Well, I am pretty sure she rolled in the rooster "mess" because she smelled awful. Twenty minutes ago I head to the bathroom to fill up the tub. She hears the water and comes BOUNDING through the house JUMPING into the tub. Stands nicely. I bathe her. The only problem was her attempt to jump back into the bath before the tub drained.

So strange. I am almost certain she is a whippet mix, but honestly have no idea.

Barefoot Bookworm
08-13-2011, 06:47 PM
:giggle What a cutie.

kiloyd
08-13-2011, 07:00 PM
That is not a bad problem to have. You can just drain the water and leave her there when you are done. :P~

mrsd
08-16-2011, 07:47 PM
some dogs love water...I had a dog as a child that tried to get in the tub anytime someone took a bath.

mystweaver
08-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Awww. My dog was like that. I first realized she liked water when she drug me into the lake with her (on leash, at 6 months old). She now responds to "go swimming?" with a whole lot of barking and a very excited dance. :)

NewMommy
08-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Lots of animals like water. I swear, whoever said cats hate water was either sorely misinformed or drunk. Growing up, we had a cat that loved water.

afternoonrain
08-17-2011, 05:42 PM
some dogs love water...I had a dog as a child that tried to get in the tub anytime someone took a bath.

I haven't tried to take a bath yet with her loose in the house. I wondered if she would try that!

I have just never in my life had a positive bathing experience (all of my dogs behaved well when I gave them a bath, but they looked miserable and were more than eager to hop out when done.)

So...any advice on helping her not be TERRIFIED of walking through the neighborhood? Everyday we make it about 5 feet more (unless there is a fenced dog barking his/her head off.)

LovinBeingMommy
08-17-2011, 06:07 PM
My cat has been known to jump in with me on the rare occasions that I take a bath instead of a shower. My grandfather had a dog that took a shower with him every morning for years. :)

KLin
08-17-2011, 06:13 PM
My puppy loves water also. We had to put a pool fence up again to keep him out of the water, so he gets in the fountain in the back yard.:doh We have flood irrigation and when our yard is full of water he jumps around, and we have to keep beach towels by the doggie door to dry him as he runs inside.

He is just now 6 months, Australian Shepherd ;).