PDA

View Full Version : We're petsitting. . .

Blue Savannah
07-21-2011, 12:32 PM
. . .the most ADORABLE orange tabby manx kitten (at her home, not ours). :hearts She's the sweetest thing.

However. :sigh She seems to have developed an eye infection or URI or. . . ? Really goopy eyes, lots of sneezing. She was eating and drinking and played a bit--not as much as usual, but her "normal" has changed all of a sudden. :shrug3

Is there anything natural I can do for her? I have lots of bone broth. :giggle Or should I take her to the vet?

MudPies
07-21-2011, 04:52 PM
:bump

Macky
07-21-2011, 09:06 PM
When is her family due back? Are you able to contact them? Different people would do different things in that situation, depending on the history of the pet. Our cats have had colds before – goopy eyes and sneezing and lethargy – and have recovered with fluids and rest. I wouldn't want to make assumptions with someone else's pet, though. While one person might appreciate that you took her to the vet to be on the safe side, another might get upset that you incurred a bill for them without their knowledge. I'd definitely contact them first. At least, that's the arrangement we have with our neighbours when we watch each other's pets. :) We're only permitted to incur vet bills for each other if it's a life and death situation and we can't contact the other person (broken bone or stick in the eye, for example).

Blue Savannah
07-21-2011, 09:16 PM
She is so much better tonight. :heart No goop at all, one sneeze in the hour or so we were there. We had decided to call the owners if she hadn't improved, and we'll call if she doesn't continue to get well.

:ty5