PDA

View Full Version : Getting my JAM on!

LisaMarie
07-03-2011, 06:08 AM
Summer is here and it's time to pull out my Mason Jar collection! :D I'm SUPER excited!

Hubby, the boys and I went strawberry picking on Friday and so I have about 15lbs of berries to deal with. I was up before 6 this morning with little kid so I decided to get started!

Strawberry Orange Banana Jam done!

Just waiting for the dishwasher to finish cleaning all my stuffs and then off to make reg. strawberry jam.

I think I'll still have about 6L of berries left, so I'm going to freeze some, cut some up for eating now, and possibly some strawberry pie filling (which I'd use to make berry tarts at some point). We'll see!

MTmomma
07-03-2011, 11:00 AM
That sounds delicious!!!!

3boysforme
07-03-2011, 11:04 AM
:popcorn

I have never made jam before, but I have three fig trees full of figs and am considering making jam with them.

Earthylady
07-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Last week we picked 18 pounds, and this week we went back and picked another 8 1/2 pounds of strawberries. I made a bunch of jam, plus we also had a strawberry pie and strawberry shortcakes. Yummy! I'm hoping to make some blackberry jam once those ripen too!

Ajani
07-05-2011, 08:16 AM
I've got strawberry done. A double batch because one batch only lasted until December last year. :giggle

Not sure what other jam I'll make. I still have blueberry from 2 years ago. Hubby has hinted at wanting peach. I may do a small batch. Mostly I'm about sauces and pickles, though. I saw a recipe for a spicy sour cherry sauce that looks like it would be wonderful over ice cream and hot fudge sauce.

LisaMarie
07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Yummy.

I need to start making more sauces.