PDA

View Full Version : Loss of pet too much for Dd

high speed wobble
06-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Of course while the kids were away for their very first time at church camp Dd's fav. little duck went missing. She was the smallest and sweetest one we had. She's now crying through the day and wont go outside alone or at all if she can avoid it. Ds was out at the creek this evening and is convinced he sees duck poop on rocks and claims to hear her cheeps. He may, but she can't bear it. :sighShe even went to a pool party this evening and got sad b/c of the water and thinking of how much her ducky liked to swim :(. I really wish I could help her. Never seen her so sad over the loss of a pet. I pray she's just hiding and will come out. I don't know if dd will want anything to do w/her other duck now. She doesn't even want to see or hear them.

mamamonkey
06-26-2011, 05:12 AM
Praying for your girl and :hug. That breaks my heart as she said she was excited to see the ducks when we met up. :bheart

raining_kisses
06-26-2011, 06:28 AM
:(

ReedleBeetle
06-26-2011, 07:18 AM
Oh, poor Josie! :cry Did you know it was missing when you were here? That little duck was precious, sweet. I can understand why she is so heartbroken...and none of the others are as sweet. Is there anything you could help her set up that would help the little ducky come home if it is alive and well? That might just make it harder though if it doesn't return, I'm not sure. I wonder how it got out? :(

high speed wobble
06-26-2011, 11:01 AM
I've tried leaving them down in the yard more often (in their cage). The lady whom we got them from said the others 'cheeps' would often bring one out. As of yet that hasn't happened. Ds would have the whole back yard and creek strewn w/duck food if I let him. I may have to get her a new baby duck but it just wont be the same. She was unusually sweet natured. That's my dd too. She's very sensitive and sweet and loves her animals.

I still have to post pics. I haven't figured that part out yet. Reedle told me but I can't remember and haven't gotten to it yet. Still to come.

3PeasInAPod
06-26-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm sorry! :(

Do you think it would help if you took her to get a new duckling- if that's possible?

high speed wobble
06-26-2011, 02:38 PM
It may help and that's a possiblility we could try. It's very unlikely we will get another so sweet and gentle. Most of them will nip at you and don't like being messed with. I'm going to have to call the lady we got them from and see if the others have hatched yet.

high speed wobble
06-26-2011, 05:25 PM
:( Ok, I've had about all I can take! We came home from church this evening and ds's beautiful bunny was missing from her cage. I had her out for them to play w/ today then personally put her back. There is aparently a bar that is loose and she was able to get out. Ds was suprisingly calm at first and went about looking for her. Then it started to unravel. I was sooo upset myself b/c again she is the sweetest/calmest of our two and we can actually play w/her. Then ds started yelling at me about it being my fault, he'd never forgive me, etc. I expected something like that (he has Asperger's) but it truely upset me. Usually I take that stuff in stride. But I do so much for them and their pets. I have been 'funky' ever since. They did, thank the lord, find her in our garden munching away. I am so very glad she was found. I couldn't take more trauma for my kids!

ReedleBeetle
06-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Oh no! I was hoing to ask if someone is messing with your animals.