PDA

View Full Version : Corn dog muffins

Mert
06-23-2011, 03:13 PM
OK, so these aren't the healthiest thing I prepare. :shifty Sometimes a girl just wants a corn dog!! :grin It's protein, right?

Corn Dog Muffins

Ingredients

2-3/4 (8.5 ounce) packages cornbread mix
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons brown sugar
2-3/4 eggs
2 cups milk
1-1/3 cups grated Cheddar cheese
12 hot dogs, quartered and chopped

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin tins.
Stir together the cornbread mix and the brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Fold the eggs and cheese into the dry mixture until moistened. Spoon mixture into muffin tins until 2/3 full. Add approx. 1/2 hot dog to each muffin.
Bake in a preheated oven 14 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.

mamacat
06-23-2011, 03:25 PM
if you eat meat you can even buy some healthier hotdogs and cut them up and bake in with muffin batter.When preg. with #4 I would crave corn dogs but they were the unhealthy kind from Sams :shifty

Mert
06-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Yeah, we have fairly healthy hotdogs. We're just not a locally or bust kinda family.

I'm sorry for the 2 3/4 egg thing. I must have gotten this recipe from a site that lets you choose the size of your recipe and recalculates the amounts for you. I'm guessing I changed it to 12 as that's how many muffins I can make with one baking tray. Sorry!!

momyshaver
06-23-2011, 05:24 PM
I sometimes make corn dog 'pancakes'...it is just so much easier than actual corn dogs. I like the idea of muffins too! :nak2