PDA

View Full Version : GF/DF On-the-Go Breakfasts?

mystweaver
06-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Any ideas? I'm open to make-the-night-before, non-traditional breakfast items, and new recipes.

I usually have about 5 minutes in the morning to grab breakfast before I head to work. I have access to hot water and a microwave at work, but that's about it.

I've been doing boiled eggs and/or oatmeal, but that gets old. :yawn

Hermana Linda
06-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Breakfast burrito made the night before? :think

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

I see it needs to be modified. :think I don't know much about gluten. :O Would a corn tortilla work? :O Maybe they sell a GF tortilla? Or maybe you could make one out of rice flour? :think :shrug Anyway, it would contain scrambled eggs and salsa, maybe some fake cheese. :think

Aerynne
06-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Smoothie in a water bottle? We do that all the time. Peanut butter, almond milk, gluten-free oats, frozen bananas.

benica312
06-26-2011, 04:16 PM
I buy gfdf breakfast bars. Or have an apple w/peanut butter.

jujubnme
06-26-2011, 04:23 PM
I've made little breakfast crustless quiches in muffin tins and frozen them individually to just heat up in the toaster oven in the a.m. (Egg, bacon/sausage, spinach, mushrooms... Whatever you like in them.) Berries and nuts make good grab-and-go elements to a breakfast. Do you have a milk substitute that you like? You could do a gf cereal with that "milk." Or yogurt (like coconut or soy... Although I personally try to avoid soy).

backtobasicsmum
06-26-2011, 05:49 PM
How about making up a big batch of muffins on the weekend, putting them in the freezer and you can grab a couple on the way out the door. the glutenfreegoddess blog has lots of gf baking ideas and many are also DF. Also, try thespunkycoconut blog too for recipies.

mamamonkey
06-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Check out onceamonthmom.com. She has a good bit of GF/DF muffins, breads, etc that you can make ahead, freeze, and grab in the am.

mystweaver
06-26-2011, 06:29 PM
:yum

I'll also look for an oatmeal cookie recipe. Those are my favorite breakfast, and it couldn't be too hard to tweak them.

PrincessAnika
06-26-2011, 06:43 PM
if you have a baked oatmeal recipe (can't remember off the top of my head if mine has gluten or dairy) you can do that in muffin tins for individual servings, and can add in whatever to make different ones - fruit, pb, etc...

L-Boogie
06-26-2011, 06:59 PM
My breakfast on the way to church this morning was two rice cakes topped with peanut butter, a drop of agave (honey and maple syrup work too) and cinnamon, smooshed together like a sandwich and then I peeled them back apart in the car to eat individually... And an apple and cup of coffee too. :)

RedPetals
06-29-2011, 10:46 PM
^^I frequently run out the door to church with L~Boogie's breakfast.

I would like to make some crustless muffin tin quiches though... YUM! And muffins are definitely on my to-do list.

Smoothies and Larabars and GF cereal with Almond milk are my other faves.

We can do goat milk - so Goat's Milk yogurt loaded with fruit and agave or molasses is another fave (you could throw that in a container and take it!) They also sell a super yummy coconut yogurt made by So Delicious.

I also do GFDF frozen waffles sometimes... super yummy out of the toaster with your favorite on top (peanut butter, jam, butter, syrup, etc). There are a couple different brands that are safe.

shaslove
06-29-2011, 10:51 PM
I just made super easy gf/df peach muffins for DH. That would be a good breakfast.

ArmsOfLove
06-29-2011, 11:05 PM
just fyi I just got the newest Living Without magazine and there is an article on inexpensive breakfast bars and inexpensive breakfast breads :)

mystweaver
06-30-2011, 08:18 AM
I just made super easy gf/df peach muffins for DH. That would be a good breakfast.

I accept. :)

I'm also thinking making horribly unhealthy foods like bean-based/grain free brownies and calling them breakfast. They have protein. :shifty

Eesti
06-30-2011, 08:31 AM
breakfast sausage? or eggs in a muffin tin.