PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress or Blogger?

mystweaver
06-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Anyone have a preference? Pros and cons?

I've only used blogger, but techy people keep mentioning wordpress. Is it worth the switch if I'm only doing basic blogging?

Hermana Linda
06-13-2011, 04:16 PM
I like WP, but I never tried Blogger. I wouldn't think it would be worth switching. :think

Rea T
06-13-2011, 04:22 PM
I started with WP and then switched to Blogger. I'm liking it better than WP, although I am pretty basic. It is a lot easier for me to navigate and format things. I think if I wanted to pay for a domain name and specific site WP is supposed to be better.

Allison
06-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Subbing. I currently use WP, but am interested in Blogger for monetizing. I know, so far, that blogger makes it easier to change your template to one that is not already loaded on the site.

I like the WP admin, with the exception of feeling the need to have major tech skills to change the template.

Virginia
06-13-2011, 04:35 PM
I had a Blogger site for about six months, and then I switched to WP. The switch was really tough- I'm not "techie," so making everything the way I wanted it was reallllly tough. I had to try out different templates and widgets and plug-ins for DAYS before I got my blog how it is now (which I honestly don't even like that much).

I kind of wish I'd stuck with Blogger for simplicity's sake. Some of the plug-ins on WP are pretty cool, as are the widgets. Maybe if I could learn how to use WP better I'd like it more. I know you can do a lot "more" with it.

Allison
06-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Interesting blog (http://pulsed.blogspot.com/2007/07/blogger-wordpress-chart.html)comparing the two.