PDA

View Full Version : Can This Pot Roast Be Saved?

jenny_islander
05-23-2011, 06:11 PM
I was out of it this morning, so I plopped the pot roast (which I plan to serve tomorrow) directly into the slow cooker after rinsing it, without flouring, seasoning, or browning it first! It has since made lots of lovely stock. I'm going to brown the chopped onions, carrots, and celery in a little bacon fat and add plenty of seasoning before I dump them in. Will this be enough to save the roast?

easygoinmomma
05-23-2011, 06:15 PM
I think it should be ok.

JustMandy
05-23-2011, 06:21 PM
I never do any of that to my roast...usually not even thaw it...besides throw it in with potatoes, carrots, onions, salt and pepper.

It will be fine. If you feel like it needs extra flavor, onion powder, garlic powder and salt can help. A can of cream of something soup will, too.

OR you can shred it, add some maranara and have Italian beef sandwiches.

Mama2MeadowRose
05-23-2011, 06:32 PM
I don't know, I didn't know roasts could get saved. Bwahaha!

*Okay, gonna go crawl in a hole now for that pathetic attempt at humor :bag*

cro
05-23-2011, 06:39 PM
I don't know, I didn't know roasts could get saved. Bwahaha! :giggle Reminds me of that Chris Rice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDG2bceDfLo) song.

Back to OP, I don't do all that to my roasts either. Take Mandy's suggestions - it won't turn out like you originally intended, but will surely be tasty! :tu

PrincessAnika
06-06-2011, 01:31 PM
i don't do anything to my roasts either....i just plop it in the crockpot and add some water.... :giggle