PDA

View Full Version : Treating a staph infection naturally??

hey mommy
05-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Asking for a friend.. Her 1 year old has a staph infection on her ankle, and for financial reasons, she needs to treat it at home..

What would be the best way to treat it?

Damselfly
05-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Staph isn't something to mess around with. :( I do understand the financial aspect though. If it were my child I would rub garlic cloves (peeled and sliced in half) on the spot every few hours. If it didn't get better soon though I would get medical help somehow.

hey mommy
05-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks.. She isn't sure that it actually is a staph infection. And I'm not sure how she's treating it currently. And she isn't online much, so I haven't heard back from her.

MudPies
05-03-2011, 08:45 AM
this is not natural- but diluted bleach works. she cold try vinegar too

Damselfly
05-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks.. She isn't sure that it actually is a staph infection. .
I see. :yes A wash of calendula flower tea would be another thing to try. I've also found crushed fresh scented geranium leaves to be really helpful for infected cuts but that might be a bit difficult to find.

1chick2sticks
05-17-2011, 08:26 PM
oil of oregano is my go-to. i would take 20 or so drops internally in a glass of water 3x a day. in addition, i would apply the o of o directly on the area or use coconut oil as a carrier and blend in some o of o and apply it on the area.

o of o is simply amazing. i'm partial to the north american herb & spice brand.

hey mommy
05-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Oh, sorry, forgot to update this.

She used garlic and TTO and it cleared it up. She said it was streaking red and was nasty. Thankfully the garlic and TTO worked.

Damselfly
05-17-2011, 08:50 PM
She used garlic and TTO and it cleared it up. She said it was streaking red and was nasty. Thankfully the garlic and TTO worked.
I'm so glad to hear it cleared up. Thank you for updating! :heart