PDA

View Full Version : Crazy weather

Ajani
04-18-2011, 08:06 AM
I just posted pics of a few seedlings on my blog (here (http://asinglestepblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/hello-spring.html)) that are doing pretty well. But if the weather doesn't get its act together we're going to be so far behind in getting the gardens ready to transplant them. It's SNOWING right now. It's mid-April. It's 2 degrees (Celsius). This is not normal! :no And when it's not cold and snowing, it's warm and raining. We're going to mildew soon. We still have a play set to finish assembling, a garden box to fix and fill, another to build, raspberries to prune, soil to amend... And I fear the switch will be flipped and we're going to jump right into summer by early May. I've seen it happen. No real Spring, and then right into crazy heat and humidity. :-/

Macky
04-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Totally crazy. :impouting It started snowing out here this afternoon and I looked at the thermometer... 5˚C (41˚F). What?! :-/ It quit, but now it's started up again, big fluffy flakes... still above freezing (2˚C). I went out today and stuck my compost thermometer out in the garden soil... just hovering around 1˚C at six inches down. We need 18 to 21˚C sustained soil temp even to seed the peas out. It's already the middle of APRIL!!! This is just nuts. :td

Ajani
04-19-2011, 06:21 AM
I planted peas in a planter box when it warmed up earlier this month. I saw sprouts last week. I hope they're okay.