PDA

View Full Version : Baked Potatoes in Crockpot

charla
04-17-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm wondering about baking potatoes in the crockpot. I'd like to do it for Easter dinner, but not sure how to do it or how long it takes.

Lily
04-17-2011, 10:04 PM
A year of slow cooking (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/01/crockpot-baked-potatoes_28.html) says yes and it will take most of the day (10 hours on low or 6 hours on high) which would be perfect for Easter dinner.

charla
04-18-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm trying to figure this out then. :think We would eat around 12:30 or 1:00 pm and probably the earliest realistically that I could start the crockpot in the morning is between 8:00 and 8:30 am. (I am not an early riser :snooty :shifty).
That's only 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Do you think I could start them at night before bed? My crockpot has a warm button so maybe I could cook them all night on low and then turn it down to warm in the morning to hold them until dinner after church. What do you think?

KLin
04-18-2011, 11:36 AM
I would have them ready when I went to bed, and turn it on if I got up to go to the bathroom or check on anyone in the early morning hours. :yawn Seems my youngest is stirring around 3-4 am. I would not want them in for more than 12 hours just because it would make me nervous. :think My Dh is a morning person. I would have him turn it on when he is up between 5 and 6 am.

You could put them in the micro for 5 mins to pre-heat then the crock if you wait till 8 am and 4+ hours on high. :shrug3

I have made corn on the cob and baked potatoes together in the crock and they did great.