PDA

View Full Version : anyone up can anyone help? recipe mishap

milkmommy
04-11-2011, 10:55 PM
I was making some prepackaged blueberry muffins for the morning.. (betty crocker) as I was pouring the mixture into the muffin tin I kept wondering why it was soo thin and thinking this is way more than just 12.... Till I realized I'd not used 3/4 cup of milk but 1 and 3/4 cause I stupidly used a 2 cup container and read the TOP line.. :O :doh.. Is there anyway I can fix this or should I jsut toss it all?

Deanna

Lily
04-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Adding more flour and leavening would even out - they would be less blueberryish but salvageable. Let me go find a recipe and figure out the amounts.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Ok looking at several different recipes, you need to add 2 cups flour, 1 Tablespoons of baking powder and maybe a dash of sugar to sweeten up the added part. If you have any frozen blueberries or fruit to add that would be good.

milkmommy
04-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Well it was not meant to be.. I went from too thin to glue :giggle My garbage dissposal ate well this evening... Oh well

Deanna

Hermana Linda
04-12-2011, 04:07 PM
:hug2

CakeLady
04-12-2011, 04:09 PM
I was going to say turn them into pancakes, but I'm a little late to the party. ;)

milkmommy
04-12-2011, 09:17 PM
I was going to say turn them into pancakes, but I'm a little late to the party. ;)

:giggle I actually thought about that but wanted the muffins in the end though I just made a big mess..

Deanna