PDA

View Full Version : Does your older child instantly do what you just told the younger one not to?

Maggirayne
03-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Does your older child instantly do what you just told the younger one not to?

What do you do? How do you respond?

Example:
"A, don't climb on Daddy's back." (while he's bending over picking up books) and E will jump on him.

nadezhda
03-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Yes. And vice versa. I've just gotten to where I say, "All children: instruction." Or give the instruction and add, "And that goes for all of you!" :wink

Aubieirish
03-30-2011, 12:40 PM
The baby hasn't quite figured this out yet ;), but yes, our older two do this. We make a point to say this applies to both of you so they get the picture. It doesn't always work, but we try and remind them calmly that they both have to follow the rules.

Maggirayne
03-30-2011, 03:22 PM
That's pretty simple! :grin

swimming with sharks
03-30-2011, 03:54 PM
:yes Hey NAME that means you too...sometimes I'm good enough to say it when they flinch but before they moves but sometimes not!!

bolt.
03-30-2011, 04:48 PM
I think I taught through this a while ago, that when I'm saying something's not OK, it's not sensible to think that it's OK for "me" if it's not OK for "her" -- Things that are not OK are something that you want to learn about, even when I'm talking to the other sister.

Now, if something like that were to happen, it would get the 'You knew that was wrong before you chose it' response, rather than the, 'you made an honest misjudgement' response.

MTmomma
03-30-2011, 06:43 PM
We are thick in the middle of this right now. I'll be watching this thread.

Maggirayne
03-30-2011, 08:57 PM
:hug It's crazy how kids bounce off each other! :crazy