PDA

View Full Version : Made my favorite falafel recipe in the oven! Yum!

everydaygrace
03-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Since I have to be low-fat now due to gallbladder issues, I've been trying to modify all my favorite recipes so I can eat them. The latest was falafel. I just lightly coated a cookie sheet with oil, formed the patties and put them on the sheet, and put them in the oven for about 20 minutes on 400 degrees. They turned out great! Who knew?!

Macky
03-13-2011, 09:44 AM
I can't believe you posted that without a recipe. :snooty

Iarwain
03-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Brilliant! That sounds so much less labor intensive than standing over hot oil to fry them too. I'll have to try it!

everydaygrace
03-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Ok the recipe is http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/seans-falafel-and-cucumber-sauce/Detail.aspx.

I change by adding double the beans and skipping the coriander (only bc I don't have it). For the sauce, I quadruple the yogurt and dill, and omit the mayo. I also use ff yogurt so it fits my dietary restrictions.

Oh, and when you take the falafel out of the oven, you can flip it so the browned side is facing uP on the Plate. Much prettier that way if anyone cares. I do. I serve it with the cucumber sauce on top and lettuce and tomatoes. It is seriously good.

Macky
03-14-2011, 08:46 AM
:ty

Mama2MeadowRose
03-14-2011, 08:52 AM
I love filafel! I'd never heard of it before I met my hubby but he's introduced me to lots of new foods and filafel is one of them! :)

Forsynthianicki
03-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the idea, I may give this a try.