PDA

View Full Version : So, I've got a kilogram of mushrooms...

Macky
03-03-2011, 11:57 AM
... that should be used up in the next couple of days. I'm going to make a stroganoff tonight, but don't feel inspired to make any of my other mushroomy recipes at the moment (including soup). Hit me with recipes that use a LOT of mushrooms please! Side dishes or complete meal casseroles, whatever... I like to cook and don't need easy stuff. I only ask, though, that recipes be scratch and not involve crock pots (I hate them). Thanks!

TuneMyHeart
03-03-2011, 12:01 PM
saute them with onions and have them with hamburgers or steak. put them in omelettes.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/11/beef-stew-with-mushrooms/

Beth1231
03-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Stuffed mushrooms :yum Breaded mushrooms baked alongside chicken.

LadybugSam
03-03-2011, 12:04 PM
we just saute them and eat them as a side dish themselves :yum Just some butter and garlic and we're in heaven.

I do like to make kabobs with them too, but i never actually put them on sticks. I just cook some meat in the oven for about 20 minutes and then toss in some roughly chopped ontions, bell pepper and mushrooms and cook them until they're done. One of my favorite meals :heart

Abibigail
03-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Twice as much stroganoff and freeze it for later. :yum

Serafine
03-03-2011, 12:09 PM
caramelize some onions and saute the mushrooms - they are excellent stirred into mashed potatoes or rice.

They are also excellent as a side dish or served over bruschetta or steak/burgers/chicken.

You can add a dash or 2 of worcestershire or soy or maple syrup after sauteeing, for a slightly different flavor.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

pot roast - use wine for the liquid and throw the mushrooms in with onion and garlic.

FAJITAS - mushrooms are GREAT in fajitas

canadiyank
03-03-2011, 12:16 PM
My grandma made "teriyaki mushrooms"...sautee in butter until the water is gone, add a bunch of teriyaki, and simmer for...oh...10 mins? They make a heap of deliciousness you can eat as a side or over rice.

TuneMyHeart
03-03-2011, 12:17 PM
http://leitesculinaria.com/68174/recipes-bacon-mushrooms-lentils.html

jenny_islander
03-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Campbell's Mushroom Soup and Chicken Casserole FROM SCRATCH. This takes time, but it's luscious and so satisfying.

First saute at least 2 cups of mushroom pieces, more if you love mushrooms. Set aside for up to 2 days.

Then make some thick white sauce. You can do this a day ahead. Season with nutmeg along with the usual pepper and so on.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Gently reheat the white sauce. Put some rice in the bottom of a casserole and put some chicken pieces (skin-on breasts or thighs) on top of the rice. Stir the mushrooms into the white sauce, pour over the rice and chicken, and sprinkle the chicken with paprika and black pepper if desired. Cover and bake until the chicken is browned, the sauce is bubbly, and the rice is tender.