PDA

View Full Version : nook/kindle question

Can'tTurnLeft
03-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Can you access Gcm, facebook, gmail, etc... with these with your homes wireless connection?

TrinMama
03-05-2011, 11:44 PM
not on the Kindle. :no DH just got one, and AFAIK, the only thing he can do is buy books or post to Twitter (but he doesn't tweet).

ETA: I read a month or so ago on CNET (I think) that the Nook Color was the next best thing to the iPad for price and functions. Maybe someone with a Nook Color will let you know if they can do those web apps...

Mama4ever
03-06-2011, 06:12 AM
I have nook color. I use it for GCM, facebook and some web browsing. It is a little slower than a computer, but not too bad. :)

mommymidwife
03-06-2011, 06:14 AM
You can access any site from the Kindle, but it's a pain in the patootie to do anything on. Websites that have mobile versions look the best. It's really slow, and typing on it is not fun. I've never tried the Nook.

I only use my Kindle for reading. I have a laptop, and iPhone 4 and an iPad (I'm a technophile!).

Lady Grey
03-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Nook Color. A good friend of mine has and she seriously cannot stop raving about it for web browsing. She has also had a netbook and an iPhone and says the Nook Color wins hands down.

Saphirah
03-06-2011, 08:43 AM
I :heart my nook color! after I'm done reading in bed I can check FB and GCM quick!

chasingbutterflies
03-06-2011, 09:00 AM
I browse the web on my Nook Color all the time. It works fairly well.