PDA

View Full Version : what can I do with this goat milk yogurt?

HomeWithMyBabies
02-28-2011, 01:29 PM
It's going to expire and no one will eat it! I tried it and it's terrible. Can I do something to it to make it palatable?

Marrae
02-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Smoothie with lots of fruit, or cocoa??

AngelaVA
02-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Food process (or blend) with frozen berries and honey? Use it to soak oats over night to cook in the morning?

JenLovie
02-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Mashed potatoes?

Kyasmom
02-28-2011, 07:25 PM
-Maple syrup and vanilla with granola.
- 50% goat yogurt 50% mayo/veganaise for the base of dip/ or salad dressing (season with dill, parsley, chives, salt, pepper, lemon pepper, garlic, and onion) or plain yogurt and mayo for sour cream substitute
- base for smoothies
- added to pancake recipes in place of buttermilk

That's how we use goat yogurt here.

StumblinMama
02-28-2011, 07:36 PM
I've never tried it, but I'm intrigued about how it tastes...

Psyche
02-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Dredge chicken in it and dip it in flour and fry it up? Maybe with salt and seasonings it would help?

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

I've never tried it, but I'm intrigued about how it tastes...

Have you had goat milk? I tried it once and nearly yaked.

StumblinMama
02-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Dredge chicken in it and dip it in flour and fry it up? Maybe with salt and seasonings it would help?

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Have you had goat milk? I tried it once and nearly yaked.

Part of the reason I'm wondering is that the only meal I've cooked in almost 11 years of marriage that dh wouldn't eat contained goat cheese...everything was fine until I added that cheese. It was so bad, I couldn't even eat it. I always assumed something was wrong with it. Now I'm thinking maybe there wasn't :giggle

FaithHopeLove
03-05-2011, 02:15 AM
We had the same problem with goat yogurt here, the flavor is just too intense! I'm thinking the savory solutions posted here would work the best. Or the ones where it would replace buttermilk.

And I *love* goat cheese! I will eat it straight off of the fork (chevre is my favorite).

Could you add garlic and herbs to it, thin it a bit with milk, and make a dip? I have had herbed chevre before and liked it a lot.

backtobasicsmum
03-05-2011, 08:34 AM
I have several recipes for muffins/scones that use yogurt. :think