PDA

View Full Version : I planted seeds today!

Allison
02-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Phase one of my garden is done! I cannot wait to see what grows! I posted about it (with pictures) in my blog (http://lifeourway.wordpress.com/). :D

Annainprogress
02-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Lovely :) I planted bulbs yesterday (like your daffodils, late so we shall see, but most of the ones I planted late last year flowered), in the bottom of the lawn so they have got grass roots to contend with....

Need to get organised with supplies to start indoor planting of some veg seeds soon :)

Earthylady
02-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Oh! I am SO anxious to get started! I'm supposed to start my onions next weekend and it has been SO HARD to restrain myself from starting them too early! The package said 10-12 weeks before last frost though and I'm already dating it back 12 weeks from possible last frost of Memorial day. It's possible it might not frost that late, but that's a typical time here in Wisconsin. So, I must wait. :(

Fun! I've been saving yogurt cups too! :) And all of our toilet paper roll centers. I'm going to cut those and use them for starting a seed, then I can just transfer the whole thing into the ground when I plant in the garden.

Forsynthianicki
02-28-2011, 11:10 AM
It's always fun to start planting and watching things grow:D
I've got some lettuce starts in the kitchen window that I hope to move to a cold frame in a few weeks. We are looking at a possible move due to a transfer so things are on hold until I know where we will be. If a move is in the near future my next job will be to bag up my compost- I'm taking that good stuff with me and hoping for a rental with room for at least a small garden.