PDA

View Full Version : What do you cook when Mama doesn't feel good?

Lady TS
02-24-2011, 12:10 PM
I've got boxed macaroni and cheese and nitrate-free hotdogs in the fridge and frozen veggies.

But I feel that's lacking a bit. But my body is fighting something, not to mention AF is attacking me, so my brain is not coming up with anything better...

Ideas welcome. :) I do have a fairly well stocked pantry/fridge...just feelin' rather blah/tired/headachey/etc.

MomtoJGJ
02-24-2011, 12:11 PM
we are having taco salad today... yesterday we had a chicken that we smoked over the weekend, and day before that was chicken spaghetti. Tomorrow I'll actually have to cook, but it'll probably just be spaghetti.

WanderingJuniper
02-24-2011, 12:24 PM
:hidingSounds like a sick day meal to me.

Lady TS
02-24-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm thinkin' it's gonna be the hot dogs tonite(thanks for the encouragement, lol).

Tomorrow might well be spaghetti. Or even easier, hamburgers. :giggle

mamacat
02-24-2011, 12:58 PM
scrambled eggs and toast and fruit?

Mama Calidad
02-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Pizza Hut. :blush

mum2abby
02-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Papa John's cooked for us last night because I had a really, really, really bad headache. Then DH came home (he ok'd the pizza) and saw how much each pizza cost and said, "Your cooking tastes a lot better, is healthier and costs a heck of a lot less..." :yes:heart But, it worked for when I needed it.

RiverRock
02-24-2011, 01:03 PM
DH and the kids almost always make french toast when I'm sick. Hot dogs sound just fine. If you have a can of chili you can serve chili dogs without much more effort. :hug2

JustMandy
02-24-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm sick and dd is going to make tuna salad sandwiches and mac and cheese and some veggie. I don't like/can't eat that so it works out well. I'll eat some leftover chili...or I'll throw together a sandwich...ot I'll eat a tofutti and call it a day.

Other sick meals is eggs, pigs in a blanket (hot dogs in cressent rolls) chicken nuggets and fries, baked potatoes or if it's really bad it's an eat what you want night and everyone just makes something.

backtobasicsmum
02-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Easy meals here....pancakes with fruit, eggs, toast fruit, chicken noodle soup (from a can) with raw veggies, or finger food plate (cheese slices, crackers, raw veggies, fruit, dip)

HEmomma
02-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Spaghetti
Scrambled eggs and frozen waffles
Any kind of casserole

TuneMyHeart
02-24-2011, 03:39 PM
boxed macaroni and hotdogs, just like your OP. :hug or have DH bring home a pizza.

Marrae
02-24-2011, 03:52 PM
What do you cook when Mama doesn't feel good?

Pasta and tinned tuna
Pasta and chopped cooked chicken breast
Pasta and bacon
Rice and fish fingers
all with whatever salad veggies are in the fridge.
I usually have meals in the freezer that I've made earlier, jic, too.

Or carryout fish and chips. :shifty The only thing we ever very occasionally get carryout.

Hope you feel better soon. :hug

ShangriLewis
02-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Whatever my 11 yos wants to make:shifty. I have been keeping stuff for sandwiches, frozen pizza, frozen potatoes, salad, and enchilada casserole stuff. I wish the others liked to help in the kitchen.

hey mommy
02-24-2011, 06:52 PM
anything that is quick and easy. Then I throw some broccoli and ranch on the plate and call it done. :shifty

Kailie
02-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Whatever DH feels like making or take out:)

RubySlippers
02-24-2011, 07:49 PM
You scrounge a can of organic chicken noodle soup from the pantry, stagger to the stove, warm it, and then declare that if anyone is still hungry they can have crackers & cheese and a tangerine. :tissue