PDA

View Full Version : help me with supper

easygoinmomma
02-07-2011, 04:44 PM
I know I should have thought about this earlier, but I didn't and now here I am. I am sick and don't really feel like doing a lot of cooking. However I am craving popcorn and bacon. :giggle Healthy, I know. :giggle I am looking for something simple and easy to make for ds. So what do you suggest? or else just tell me what you are having.

backtobasicsmum
02-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Too late for tonight...but I imagine you might face this issue again another day. ;)

Easy dinners: scrabbled eggs, toast, fruit
pancakes/waffles (make a big batch ahead and freeze them)
my *special* soup :giggle
popcorn and apple slices with pb
cheese/crackers/fruit/veggie slices

:think

easygoinmomma
02-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks Karisa. I ended up giving ds1 left-overs and I had a slice of bread with some cheese.:bag

jenny_islander
02-11-2011, 02:55 PM
My go-to dinner when I'm sick is canned chunky soup with bread and fruit for everyone else and some soy-free packet soup with plenty of onions and garlic for me. I make extra ham and bean or potato and broccoli soup and freeze it for sick days, but I often run out.

Other easy choices: Microwave-baked potato split and mashed in its skin with grated cheese and bacon bits. Microwave-baked sweet potato ditto with syrup, butter, and/or sweet spices. Boxed mac and cheese dinner with bits of ham and/or cooked broccoli (the steam is lovely on my stuffy head and I can lean on the counter while it cooks).

We are trying hard to minimize eating out. Luckily we got a gift certificate good for several pizzas at the local high-class pizza joint. Pizza is an excellent choice because you can get enough food for several days in one trip.

Speaking of pizza, we can't eat most frozen dinners due to digestive issues, but I have found some frozen pizzas that don't have anything we can't eat, so we keep some on hand for sick days. I have also found a brand of mini taco that is free of problem ingredients. You're supposed to brush them with oil, bake until crisp, and serve as an appetizer; we microwave instead, which steams the tiny tortillas (tortillitas?), and serve as an easy meal with sour cream and fruit. They are just spicy enough to loosen up clogged sinuses.

Another lovely thing to have on hand for sick days: Paper plates.

easygoinmomma
02-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Love the paper plate idea. :shifty

Lily
02-11-2011, 07:23 PM
My dear, sweet hubby bought the sams sized package of paper plates for this pregnancy and the baby moon! (Just had to brag :heart)

easygoinmomma
02-11-2011, 07:35 PM
:rockon