PDA

View Full Version : i just made brownies with

NewLeaf
02-06-2011, 01:24 PM
celery, carrots and walnuts and left out the eggs. :nails i'm experimenting today. especially since these are a gf mix that are already a little... tricky.

they're in the oven now. :pacing

klpmommy
02-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I can't wait to hear how they turn out. :)

Emerald Orchid
02-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Curious too.

Autumn
02-06-2011, 01:52 PM
:brownies Let us know how it works out! Which GF mix did you use?

LovinBeingMommy
02-06-2011, 01:54 PM
:brownies

Maggie
02-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Were those veggies chopped or pureed? Did you add any different spices to the brownies?

:popcorn

NewLeaf
02-06-2011, 02:03 PM
I can't wait to hear how they turn out. :)
I've been meaning to tell you I used your kids as leverage to get dd to try spinach smoothies and she loves them! :ty
:brownies Let us know how it works out! Which GF mix did you use?
Betty Crocker. :bag
Were those veggies chopped or pureed? Did you add any different spices to the brownies?

:popcorn
I put them in the foot processor. 1 large stalk of celery and a bunch of baby carrots- the equivalent of maybe 2 large carrots? And a hand full of walnuts. No extra spices.

The mix calls for 2 eggs and 1/4 cup butter. I skipped the eggs so I did add a little water to the mix until it stirred better. I meant to sub coconut oil for butter but forgot. :doh

This is one of my baby steps in trying to begin eating better.:shifty

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

I put them in the foot processor.

:haha Whoops!

SouthPaw
02-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Got a little Sweeney Todd going on here, don't we?

NewLeaf
02-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Got a little Sweeney Todd going on here, don't we?
i haven't seen that movie but i can imagine... but i'm not telling. :P~

i took them out and ate one but it was still pretty soft so i put them in for another 5 minutes. nice crust around the sides but they are very 'creamy' brownies- eat 'em with a spoon. flavor is delish though! waiting to see if cooking them a bit longer will make a difference.

i'm a genius. :woohoo

:giggle

Autumn
02-06-2011, 02:30 PM
That's the mix we get for cake every time - :yum

I'll have to try this!