PDA

View Full Version : So glad my children aren't scared of the spoon.

4thekids
02-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Last night my boys were running around with a big ole plastic spoon and I swooped one of em up, snatched the spoon and started 'spankin' his butt. He was a giggling fit. I tickled and 'spanked' and tickled some more! Then ds1 comes up and hands me his spoon. :lol They know all spankings aren't fun. But theirs are. :yes They haven't always been but we've recommitted to gentleness and have felt so much better since then and we've talked to them and told them that they don't have to be scared of us anymore. Even then though they never had to fear spoons and belts and such. (Not saying fearing us is any better, just saying... I've made many mistakes this past year. I'm just glad that this wasn't one of them.)
Anyways... it made me so grateful to see my boys giggling away and not being scared like other kids I've seen. :heart

TuneMyHeart
02-04-2011, 12:23 PM
ITU. :hugheart I'm so glad that my kids don't cringe when they see a belt like their mama does.

Barefoot Bookworm
02-04-2011, 12:36 PM
My three year old regularly asks me to spank her. :bag We drum on booties a lot here which is why she asks. :lol

WanderingJuniper
02-04-2011, 01:06 PM
My husband made a side comment last night about Bird having a wooden spoon. She looked at him so confused and said, "There's nothing to worry about I'm a good baker.":heart :D So not what he was hinting at or expecting.:giggle

larkish
02-05-2011, 09:09 AM
FIL was here visiting and DS1 was playing with a wooden spoon (he had been pretending to bake). FIL asked him something about was he playing with it or had he got in trouble? What a reality check... Thank goodness DS only thinks spoons are for baking!

rebecuna
02-06-2011, 03:59 PM
When my parents finally replaced their ancient fridge, they found like 4 wooden spoons under it that we kids had hidden there when we were little :giggle :-/