PDA

View Full Version : Craving potato soup

klpmommy
02-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks to someone's facebook post.

I have potatoes....but probably not much else. So I need a super simple, fewest ingredients possible. Otherwise this poor pregnant craving will have to wait to be filled once the streets clear up.

allisonintx
02-01-2011, 05:55 PM
I make one that is butter, milk, garlic, potatos (peeled and cooked)

Melt a stick of butter and add garlic and pepper and a spoon of flour, and cook it to a roux. Add milk and potatos. Sour cream is good too if you have any.

Marsha
02-01-2011, 05:56 PM
My mom's:

diced potatoes and onions
milk
lots of butter
flour
eggs

boil the potatoes and onions in salted water. Mix eggs and flour together until you have a crumby, al ost impossible to work another bit of flour in sort of mixture. As soon as water boils, start dropping pinches of "dumpling" in. Boil until potatoes VERY soft and water level is very low. Add milk (how much is up to you). Add LOTs of butter. Salt and pepper.

THIS to me, is potato soup. Anything else is soup w/potatoes in it LOL. That's my mom's poor folk version anyway.

Beth1231
02-01-2011, 05:58 PM
When I am on the laptop Ill post my most favorite potato soup recipe.

Meanwhile what do you have?
Onions,carrots or broccoli?
Cheese and cream?
Chicken broth?

TuneMyHeart
02-01-2011, 05:59 PM
http://capitalcitymama.wordpress.com/2008/10/29/baked-potato-soup/

this is from Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook. I add garlic too. I puree it with a hand blender when it's done. DH and I love it.

klpmommy
02-01-2011, 06:00 PM
I make one that is butter, milk, garlic, potatos (peeled and cooked)

Melt a stick of butter and add garlic and pepper and a spoon of flour, and cook it to a roux. Add milk and potatos. Sour cream is good too if you have any.

Well, it *was* your facebook post. ;)

That I can do. I have every one of those things except the sour cream.

allisonintx
02-01-2011, 06:13 PM
peel the potatos, and boil them up.

Drain the water off the potatos

make the roux (with garlic and onions if you have them or like them)

add the milk and the potatos to the roux, and stir it up. A few slices of bacon make it yummy. If you don't want to use all milk to make the soup portion, you can use half milk and half chicken stock (or water and chicken bouillon)

Cook it until it tastes good to you :D

klpmommy
02-02-2011, 10:34 AM
peel the potatos, and boil them up.

Drain the water off the potatos

make the roux (with garlic and onions if you have them or like them)

add the milk and the potatos to the roux, and stir it up. A few slices of bacon make it yummy. If you don't want to use all milk to make the soup portion, you can use half milk and half chicken stock (or water and chicken bouillon)

Cook it until it tastes good to you :D

in the crockpot now. Smells heavenly. :yum

2TMama
02-02-2011, 10:39 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmm :tu I LOVE me some soup on a cold day like today. Dh brought home cauliflower last night w/ a request for soup :yes.

We hardly EVER have bacon at home, but I do really like it in potato soup.....also thick sliced ham :)

Llee
02-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Know what also tastes good? When it's almost done, take a couple coups of the soup, blend it in the blender and return to the crockpot. Heavenly!

klpmommy
02-02-2011, 10:40 AM
I don't have bacon, but dh is coming home from work early & is stopping at the store. Bacon is on his list. ;)