PDA

View Full Version : What to do with shredded barbecue?

Happygrl
01-25-2011, 09:14 AM
I pulled some shredded barbecue meat out of the freezer w/o reading the label and thought it was something else. Now I need to figure out something to do with it. I don't know if its pork or beef (I started to label it but didn't finish :doh). I usually serve it on sandwiches but we had tortilla w/meat last night and we're having sandwiches tomorrow night, so I'd rather do something else with it. But I have no idea what.

Any ideas?

The Tickle Momster
01-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Could you serve it over rice or noodles?

racheepoo
01-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Oh yeah...cover it with a layer of mozzarella cheese, green chilis, and masa or strips of corn tortillas and bake :yum

Ajani
01-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Cook some macaroni noodles until almost done and toss them with the meat, some cheese, some frozen veg and a little more sauce and bake it up.

Teribear
01-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Pizza topping. Use BBQ sauce instead of marinara, top with cheeze, thinly sliced onion, green pepper if you like that, and the pulled pork. It's very common here in Memphis as is using it as part of the meat in spaghetti sauce.

MomtoJGJ
01-25-2011, 11:43 AM
we are having pulled pork for lunch today... just the meat and bbq sauce on it, sweet potatoes, and some other side I haven't decided on yet.

I second the bbq pizza... it's awesome!

Of course I could never get tired of bbq sandwiches

if it's beef and doesn't have sauce you could make gravy and then let it simmer together and serve it over mashed potatoes